VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, does anyone know how to create custom chapter points in AVStoDVD? Also is it possible to create menus with motion buttons? How do I change the resolution like to 352x240? If I can do these things then avstodvd would be one of the top freeware dvd authoring programs I think.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi Milardo,

1) custome chapter points are not possible... now... wait for next releases

2) yes for titles buttons, no for "play all" button

3) you can select "Full-D1" (720x480) or "Half-D1" (352x480). Go to 'Settings'/'AudioVideo'/'Video Resolution'.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Milardo
    Hi, does anyone know how to create custom chapter points in AVStoDVD? Also is it possible to create menus with motion buttons? How do I change the resolution like to 352x240? If I can do these things then avstodvd would be one of the top freeware dvd authoring programs I think.
    I think it already is.

The constant honing and the implementation of requests (some take a bit of badgering though ) put it in a class of it's own.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can you (in the next version) make it so it is possible to have lower video bitrates under 700 and have resolutions like 352x240? I'm trying to fit as much content as possible in my dvd. I would really appreciate that thanks. This would be like using honestech dvd authoring studio 2.0 which allows low bitrates for max content onto dvd. I just getting errors on that program which is why I'm looking for a freeware alternative.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I will put in my "ToDo" list. Do not expect a fast implementation.

BTW, when going to bitrates lower than 1000 kbps, you should consinder moving to more efficient compression algorithm, like DivX/XviD/H264.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Great program!. Another way to solve the "how many episodes could I fit" may be is to look at it from a "Q" perspective (instead of bitrate). "Q" depends on the compressibilty of the source, the matrix choosen for encoding and this may provide another way to redistribute bitrate among titles (for DVD-5, and not having the same bitrate for all titles,specially if the titles have very different compressibility.).
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    is MPEG-TS supported in AVStoDVD? I have a MPEG-TS recognized as such by Mediainfo that I can add in AVStoDVD2.14 but when I want to edit the title, I have Video and Avisynth script not editable and nothing in the two tabs.
    Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Yes, MPEG-TS is supported.

If 'Edit Title'/'Video' is blank, it means that AVStoDVD has recognized a mpeg2 DVD compliant stream, then there is no need to re-encode, just demux and author.

If you want to force mpeg2 re-encoding, you have to go to 'Settings'/'AudioVideo' and toggle off 'Keep/Transcode DVD compliant video'.

Hope it helps

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you very much for your answer.

I had the same error message ("File i/o structures --> DEALLOCATED")
    as in https://forum.videohelp.com/topic362172.html

and toggle off 'Keep/Transcode DVD compliant video' solved it.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Cool! Thanks for the video bitrate and size features on your latest version! Can't wait for the custom chapter points. By the way, does AVStoDVD support either having motion backgrounds with music/motion title buttons (where you see a preview video of the chapter/title you can select)? Just trying to get clarification on that.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Yes, AVStoDVD support both motion background with audio AND motion thumbnails for titles.

Just select 'Settings'/'DVD Menu'/'Select DVD Menu Style' and put 'Motion DVD Menu'. Then play with DVD Menu window.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If I want to make a small change (add sound to the background menu for example) to a project that has already been done using AVStoDVD (MPEG2 compliant already), can I avoid reencoding if some titles are over 1 GB (meaning that Title1 has already been split in VTS_01_1.VOB and VTS_01_2.VOB) by creating a new project.
    Also, one final project was around 4.21 GB. I was wondering if there will be benefit in recomputing title bitrates (in auto-bitrate mode) for not-yet encoded titles (to take into account differences between predicted and actual bitrates of already encoded titles).
    Thanks a lot in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by legoeland
    If I want to make a small change (add sound to the background menu for example) to a project that has already been done using AVStoDVD (MPEG2 compliant already), can I avoid reencoding if some titles are over 1 GB (meaning that Title1 has already been split in VTS_01_1.VOB and VTS_01_2.VOB) by creating a new project.
    You can demux video and audio using ReJig (it comes with AVStoDVD package) and then use that files to create a new project. AVStoDVD will keep that files without re-encode them.

Originally Posted by legoeland
    Also, one final project was around 4.21 GB. I was wondering if there will be benefit in recomputing title bitrates (in auto-bitrate mode) for not-yet encoded titles (to take into account differences between predicted and actual bitrates of already encoded titles).
    Mmmh, the best way to fill up all the DVD space is to use 'HCenc VBR 2-pass'. It is a little bit longer, but quality and size targeting are great.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote