VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Hey, I've been having this problem re-occur for the past several months or more. Please oh PLEASE read this whole thing, cuz I need to get the most accurate respones there is. People who don't read all of it may be missing part of my message, so PLEASE try to read the whole thing!!

I have an Aiptek A-HD+ 1080p HD camcorder with 640x480 (VGA). I captured analog video (640x480 VGA) from my video game to the camcorder. The file that this is is a .mov/.mp4, but when I go to its properties, it says it's NSmov. Does that mean anything?

I need a program that can convert NSmov/.mov/.mp4/H.264/AVC or stuff like that, and that will be able to import into Windows Movie Maker without it giving me crap that says the file is invalid or corrupt.

I've been throught about 20 or more different video converters, and they all don't fit my needs. Some of the most well known converters I've used but didn't satisfy me or work were:

VirtualDub
    Any Video Converter
    AVS Video Converter
    SUPER

basically any video converter program u can throw at me, I've tried it. It's like my video clips r some kind of superb undefeatable monster, and the converters r little amateur warriors trying to stop them. Seriously!!! That's a really good way to put it to help u guys udnerstand my case

I have been using a superb freeware program called SUPER (Simplified Universal ? Encoder and Renderer) for the past few months with out having problems, but then when the newer version (build 3.5) came out, the program malfunctioned and doesn't work anymore, and no one else can use it either.

I always converted my .mov files to .asf with SUPER, and they were PERFECT. They played great and they were acceptable by Windows Movie Maker. I have about 10 or more videos on my YouTube that were .mov files originally, but were converted to .asf and them edited in Windows Movie Maker.

So is there any FREE NSmov/.mov/.mp4/H.264/AVC to .asf converters out there like SUPER? I need to use a converter that DOES NOT screw up the videos like make it go in slow motion or mess up codecs or watever. I need these clips to be converted to .asf, they need to function properly, and they need to be acceptable by Windwos Movie Maker.

So can anyone help this wretch solve his conversion problems for...oh...about the 2nd time?

You are in breach of the forum rules and are being issued with a formal warning.
    / Moderator Baldrick

2. Why don't you upload a short clip of that crap somewhere, e.g. rapidshare ?
    Best wishes,
    UP

3. Originally Posted by Umen Pich
    Why don't you upload a short clip of that crap somewhere, e.g. rapidshare ?
    no, I want to edit the clips in WMM and then upload them to YouTube dude.

4. no, I want to edit the clips in WMM and then upload them to YouTube dude.
    you fail to understand the request. if you uploaded a small sample and posted the link, then people could examine it and offer help.

without the detailed specs on your vid files it's hard to guess what would work.

5. Originally Posted by minidv2dvd
    no, I want to edit the clips in WMM and then upload them to YouTube dude.
    you fail to understand the request. if you uploaded a small sample and posted the link, then people could examine it and offer help.

without the detailed specs on your vid files it's hard to guess what would work.
    Sorry, I thought u were telling me to upload the clips to RapidSHare isntead of YouTube.

Here, this is the most recent video I made using the help of SUPER. I converted this video clip .mov to .asf with WMV7 codec, all in SUPER:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4OD3Va0s3c

6. the sample needed is of the original source not the final output.

7. Originally Posted by minidv2dvd
    the sample needed is of the original source not the final output.
    Oh ok, yea cuz YouTube does do stuff to ur videos. Ok, here's the Rapid Share link (btw, there r four seperate parts of this clip, I'm only showing part 1 here):

http://rapidshare.com/files/187367473/FILE0005.MOV.html

Now that u have it, can u try to find a program to convert it to a format for Windows Movie Maker to accept, and then send me the link to the program u successfully converted the clip with (and was accepted by WMM)? Thx a lot.

8. You have about 10 threads on the same subject LOL.

You are limited by using WMM which is crappy. Basically you should stick to WMV otherwise you have problems importing into WMM

Use wmvmuxer to convert to .wmv. You can change the aspect ratio (it should be 4/3, but wmvmuxer assumes 1:1 so you get 1.5 DAR with a 720x480 frame ) with wmvarchanger

You need ffdshow installed with h264 enabled (set to libavcodec), and aac enabled in the audio configuration.

Your clips are pretty crappy quality to begin with, so use a higher bitrate profile to minimize the quality loss

Here is both the orginal and converted wmv (I cut your original to 5sec tiny clip); I tested and it works fine importing into WMM

Cheers

cut.zip

9. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Please stop make new topics for SAME problem. Use your first topic. https://forum.videohelp.com/topic358171.html