VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had 10 wave files of music. I wanted to be smart and name each wave file by the title of the song. (rather than wave file 001 , wave file 002, wave file 003, etc) Then, I burned them onto a CD-R as a "data disk". (Instead of an "audio disk" as I should have.)

But when I try to rip them off into a file on my C-Drive what do I get? I get one big blob - one nameless wave file. (I can't even read the individual tracks when I put the CD-R into my PC!)

Is there a program that will allow me to rip off each of the 10 individual wave files from a CD-R .................................when I accidently burn the tracks onto a CD-R as a "data disk" rather than as an "audio disk"?

Thanks

tryin' bryan
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Point to drive with CD ,right click drive>explore..you should see the individual tracks...Now drag and drop to new folder on HDD,or import each .wav to burning app......And this time burn an audio CD...
    " Who needs Google, my wife knows everything"
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you burn as a data disc you should see 10 wav files. If you browse(explore) the cd do you just see one big file or?

Maybe you could try open the cd with isobuster and see if it finds the files.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Get Audacity(free software) and split the file onto individual tracks, than reburn. You can name them also, but in that case Text burning has to be enabled.
    Audio disk has to be closed to play on CD player. "Disc at once" type of burn.
    Quote Quote