VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    im a newbie in terms of doing anything with videos besides watching them. but lately i have wanted to create subtitles in my own language (portuguese) for music videoclips. I have installed the subtitle workshop in order to create these subtitles. the i saved the subs in Subviewer. 2 format in order to play it in the windows mediaplayer. everything was allright and the subs were doing great. the i though of "why not putting these translated video clips on a site (youtube) for everyone to see and undestand the lyrics of each song". i'd like some help with 2 problems i've encountered

1st - when i uploaded the video to youtube i noticed that the subs didnt go along with the video. Can anyone please
    explain to me how to put them permanently in the video so that i can upload it to youtube?

2nd - when i uploaded the video to youtube i got a message saying that i couldnt post the video without authorization. Am i doing anything wrong??

i would just like to translate songs, nothing more. i think it would be useful because there are many songs that are translated in brazilian (which has some diference from portuguese) but very few in true portuguese.
    how can i get authorization?? i really like to translate.

Please help
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    1. https://forum.videohelp.com/topic316471.html . Or you can also use avidemux, load your video, under video choose a video codec like xvid, under filters->subtitle filter and load your sub, save as a new a avi file.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    okay thanks
    i'm going to try it right now. i'll tell you how it went in just a moment.

can you help me on problem 2?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    it worked!!!!! thanks man your are great!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    there is still problem 2 though
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    its fixed
    thank you for your help baldrick!

i owe you one!
    Quote Quote