VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Im trying to make my DVP642 mulit region. I entered some recommended settings after the ol 5, 6, 9, ok menu and now the screen is black and white and just continuously scrolls down and down. Of course i was given the wrong settings but the question is.....how do i get it back to the way it was. I can even see the screen properly to make more adjustments. I have tried some firmware updates hoping this would reset it but nope. Any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  2. The problem isn't your region setting per se. It's the output mode (PAL vs NTSC). But since you changed the region it's now defaulting to a different output mode. You need force the player to output NTSC.

First try this: Put a region 1 (USA) disc in the player. It may switch to NTSC and you'll be able to see the picture properly. Then go to the TV Standards setting and change from Multi to NTSC. That will force the player to output NTSC all the time.

I couldn't find the remote control for my old DVP-642 so I'm using a remote from a newer model. I'm not sure if the buttons are labeled the same. When I say press OK I mean the button that's in the middle of the arrow keys.

If that doesn't work try this: With no disc in the player, power it up. On the remote press Setup, Down, Down, OK, Right. You will then be able to select from three options via the up/down arrow keys: Multi, NTSC, and PAL (in that order from top to bottom). You want NTSC. To get to a know position press Up three times to get to the top of the list. Then press Down, OK, Left, OK. That should get you to NTSC. You should see a confirmation dialog at this point. Press Left, OK to confirm.

In short:
    Setup, Down, Down, OK, Right, Up, Up, Up, Down, OK, Left, OK, Left, OK
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Also, you can try leaving the player unplugged from the wall for at least thirty minutes to an hour, to see if that'll cause the settings to revert to factory default. (That may include the region setting, however.)
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Ai Haibara
    Also, you can try leaving the player unplugged from the wall for at least thirty minutes to an hour, to see if that'll cause the settings to revert to factory default. (That may include the region setting, however.)
    That doesn't work...at least on the original version of the 642.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote