VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I recently discovered Hulu and attempted to download this link: http://www.hulu.com/watch/52149/legend-of-the-seeker-denna

with Orbit Grab++, Downloadhelper (Firefox Extension)

Does anyone know how to get those files?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Replay Media Catcher.

edit: I missed the free programs...but I haven't seen any free program that supports streaming flv like the above.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just Curious, could it be done with VLC? orbit managed to get the "real link" of the video file and I think it was rtsp:// or something.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Bumpin' an old thread. GetFLV works great, but isn't free. For free get StreamTransport. http://www.streamtransport.com/
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This should put the Hulu problem to bed for a lot of people. I was getting through Stream Transport, the all of a sudden as of late it quick working. I will, if permitted show the email I received from Hulu.

Brad, May-05 15:03 (PDT): Hi XXX,

Thanks for writing back. I apologize, but I must have misunderstood you earlier. Unfortunately, due to legal reasons, Hulu currently does not buffer more than a small portion of the videos you find on Hulu.com. We do not support downloads for the same reason, though we are always looking to expand in more avenues of distribution to service our users in the best way.
    As a service to our users, we offer purchasing information for many of the videos available on Hulu, most often from Amazon.com or iTunes. When you reach the end of a video, you should find info on how to purchase it (either DVD or electronic download) in the player. If no information is displayed, it's possible that the video you're watching isn't currently available for purchase.
    Long story short, we do not support downloading movies or shows off our site. If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. Happy viewing!

Thanks,
    Brad
    Hulu Support
    Quote Quote  
  6. Of course Hulu doesn't support downloading of their videos. They have been in a continuous battle with the vendors of software that does download their videos.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Iambob - Yes, we know that StreamTransport doesn't work any more for Hulu and some (but NOT all) YouTube videos. Did it not occur to you that the fact that you have to use things like StreamTransport in the first place means that they do not want you to copy their videos? It's up to the author of StreamTransport to fix it, if it can be fixed.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Well d'ohh, I thought everybody knows this sort of things.

I mean I also have some audials little proggy on my computer that can be used theoretically to *cough * capture Hulu streaming videos*cough* I mean timeshift hulu streams, but that doesn't mean I'd ever think to send them emails on why I can't download Hulu movies from their site.

C'mon that's just common sense, though the best joke I heard today.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Question about that payware screen capture program Audials. How does it compare to the better known program,
    WM Capture (http://www.wmrecorder.com/wm_capture.php)?
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jimdagys View Post
    Question about that payware screen capture program Audials. How does it compare to the better known program,
    Screen capture is a method of inherently inferior quality, though maybe the only option in many cases.
    I had Audials installed briefly (a free version from Giveaway of the Day), but ditched it in short order. It dispersed 100 meg.s of itself all over the place, which was not easy to get rid of. The program looked like a stronger version of Tunebrite, with video features. I'm trying to recall what else I found objectionable about it, but I read some disturbing reviews, which probably mentioned some "phone home & report" behavior, which I find to be a dealbreaker in most software if you can't turn it off. The short answer is that it felt like massive bloatware I did not really need, when there are other compact tools that serve my needs and don't have these negatives.

@jman98, I'm not sure what may have changed over at YT, but I haven't run into anything there that I wanted which could not be downloaded with either Orbit 2.8.1.4 (which I've kept as standard because I did not like some changes the developer put in after that), or YouseableTubeFix under Greasemonkey.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Screen capping is really a crap way of doing things, and ZedVamp's question was about downloading the raw FLV.

I just don't think there is a good freeware way of doing it right now... although I suppose rtmpdump could be made to do the job, but I've never had much luck with it.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    Question about that payware screen capture program Audials. How does it compare to the better known program,

Hmm, actually cannot make any comparison between these two cause I never tried that wm capture program you mentioned.

I got this Audials One piece of software some time ago, couple of years ago I think, when I was looking to convert some files and seemed pretty useful that it could also be used for some other things besides converting stuff, like recording music from web radios and movies from online movie stores, downloading internet videos and so on.

I think the one I am using is even cheaper, round 60 bucks I think, and the one you mentioned is 40 bucks only for screen recording or 80 bucks for some bundle with more of their programs as far as I can tell from looking at their site now, if I saw it right.

I am actually pretty happy with the way it works, get a lot of features for converting videos and music plus capturing and downloading anything off the web. That's good enough for me.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    Screen capture is a method of inherently inferior quality, though maybe the only option in many cases.
    I had Audials installed briefly (a free version from Giveaway of the Day), but ditched it in short order. It dispersed 100 meg.s of itself all over the place, which was not easy to get rid of. The program looked like a stronger version of Tunebrite, with video features. I'm trying to recall what else I found objectionable about it, but I read some disturbing reviews, which probably mentioned some "phone home & report" behavior, which I find to be a dealbreaker in most software if you can't turn it off. The short answer is that it felt like massive bloatware I did not really need, when there are other compact tools that serve my needs and don't have these negatives.

@jman98, I'm not sure what may have changed over at YT, but I haven't run into anything there that I wanted which could not be downloaded with either Orbit 2.8.1.4 (which I've kept as standard because I did not like some changes the developer put in after that), or YouseableTubeFix under Greasemonkey.
    Well none said screen capture is the best way to do it, but have to agree as well that when you have no real option of downloading the actual stream from whatever streaming site is in question at least it gets the job done and you get to watch whatever movie or video you recorded.

About the other stuff actually, as far as I know there's Audials Tunebite mostly for the video related stuff and there's Audials One that has the features of Tunebite plus of some other programs they have, I think.

I actually use the Audials One piece of software since it had more features than the other one, didn't really get it from some giveaway anyhow so didn't have any real issues with it. Works pretty good for me.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Honestly, GetFLV is very much worth your money. It's a bit clunky, but they stay on top of changes to the format with updates and it pretty much works for everything.

My PC hates FLV format (especially for HD) and I grab the HD versions of things from Hulu (or wherever) with GetFLV, demux and remux into MKV containers (so CoreAVC can decode) and I get wicked clean playback.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by SusanMayer View Post
    Try http://www.hackvid.com/
    It is FREE as you want

Here is the video you want:
    http://www.hulu.com/watch/52149/legend-of-the-seeker-denna
    Title: Denna (Legend of the Seeker)
    Duration: 2600.72 seconds
    Size: 416.12 MB
    ^^^Scam Site!!!!!^^^^^^
    Quote Quote