VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, this is my first post and hope its in the right place. i have a question on editing video in power producer 7 and was wondering if anyone can help me. Ok here is the situation, i captured the video with my hd camcorder and on the bottem left production summery where it tells you how much space you use it says i used 43.410 / 24,202 . I assume this means the video is 43 gig and the blu ray i am making only holds 24 gig, there is also a line in the red to show this.

now is the confusing part i need explained. I went to edit the video to make it smaller to fit on the disk and i took out 1 minute of video out of a 3 hr video and it now tells me i have 19,231 / 24,202. how is this possible where did 24 gigabites go? I know that 1 minute of video is not that big? To prove this i did as as above i deleated 1 minute of video and got the above results but then i deleted another 1 minute clip and the results in the production went to only 19,159 / 24,202, a loss of ony 72 megabites. Why is the first edit a loss of 24 gig and the second and so on 72 meg?
    Quote Quote  
  2. check the hard drive and see how big the original video file is before you import it to pp7.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe just a bug...when I tested power producer a few years ago it was very very very buggy.

What happens when you try to output it? You should be able to output the hdd to test. And you should also be able too choose the output file size by changing the quality(lowering the video and audio bitrate) so the bar is not that useful...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK the original file is about 43 gig and i tried to output it to the hdd and it says even less than the production summery 17 gig?
    Quote Quote