VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What does it mean when it shows a number of frames dropped at the bottom of the WinDV window during a capture? It looks like the capture keeps on going and video is not lost?
    Quote Quote  
  2. your computer isn't keeping up with the transfer. enough dropped frames and you will notice the video skipping. try disabling anything using the hard drive or cpu during capture, including anti-virus that may be real time inspecting the file.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Still dropping, but starts doing it everytime when the file gets to:

2.61 GB
    12min 30 time
    Bit rate of 1024kbps
    dim 720x480

The WinDV config frame stop is set at 22500. Can I adjust the frame stop so it cuts off the capture before the 12:30 or 2.61 GB and automatically starts another file?

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can adjust it to stop where ever you please. The question is why is it dropping at that point. Is there an issue with the tape ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Tapes are fine. It looks like it is just doing it on my high8 tapes. When I hook my miniDV tapes up, WinDV automatically creates new, smaller folders. I guess I will just have to start and stop the high8's manually.

Another question - the captured AVI videos look cloudy/milky. Is that just because they are on my PC? Will they look better once I create movies and download to DVD?
    Quote Quote