VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello guyz,
    I want to know that how can I add another audio track to mkv file. For example, I have an english language movie in MKV format. I do have the same movie in different language (say dubbed with Urdu language) and in same (mkv) or different (avi, rmvb etc) format. What I want is single video file (having the better quality) and two audio tracks (english+urdu). In my case, the video quality of MKV files is better so I would like to get the Urdu audio track from the other (avi, rmvb or mkv) file and add (or merge or whatever it is called) it to the MKV file of english language. In this way I would get video of the best quality along with choice of selecting between the audio tracks (either english or urdu).

Do ask me if you need any more information.

I will be very thankful if anyone could guide me and give me a least time consuming way of doing the task. Pardon me for my bad english..

Thanks..
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Use mkvtoolnix to add audio tracks to your mkv files. Extract audio tracks from video using for example mkvextractgui, xvid4psp(audio->demux) or avidemux(audio->save).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I'm trying to accomplish the same thing, add a different audio track to mkv file.
    But I have a problem. The two audio tracks don't match.

The two original video files have different frame rate. (25 and 23,9) Does that mean that the sound wont match either?
    And, is there anyway to reencode one of those audio tracks to match the other? Both audio track are the same othewise, AC3 @448Kbps
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It wont match then. But you can try change the audio "speed". Try belight, load your ac3, change output to ac3, under advanced settings set the Convert framerate to 25000 to 23976fps. Convert.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Baldrick, that's exactly what I needed.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick
    Use mkvtoolnix to add audio tracks to your mkv files. Extract audio tracks from video using for example mkvextractgui, xvid4psp(audio->demux) or avidemux(audio->save).
    Originally Posted by Baldrick
    It wont match then. But you can try change the audio "speed". Try belight, load your ac3, change output to ac3, under advanced settings set the Convert framerate to 25000 to 23976fps. Convert.
    Great dude.. Thanks a lot for your support.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hi all!

I have two video files.
    The first is an avi with the auido track what I need.
    The second is an mkv with the perfect video quality.
    So I read the instructions bellow but still the new audio track hie compared the video.

I convert the fps from 25 to 23976.
    I think the problem is the various bitrate of the sound.
    Can you help me?

In the properties of the mkv you can see the last audio track which is newly added.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  8. There are no people who can help me?
    Last edited by Cirip; 12th Oct 2012 at 09:14.
    Quote Quote