VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have canon HD camcorder, and it creates many mts files (video clips). Normally I use Pinnacle to author/encode these files but the process is very long.

since my Western Digital HD media player can now play mts files directly from an external harddrive, I just want to combine these mts file into one big file. How do I merge MTS files into one big file without any decoding/encoding?

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    try tsmuxer.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I did try it but it won't accept mts file. it accepts m2ts and ts. my version is 1.8.4
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    oops I got the old version. I just downloaded the lates version 1.8.8 and it works. thanks
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Tsmuxer is OK but the "big file" is audio out of sync.

Any solutions are welcome!
    My camcorder is Sony HDR-SR11E.
    Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  6. I found a solution from this website: http://www.avchdvideos.blogspot.com which shows that eac3to can be used to solve the out of sync problem.

The method is a bit complicated. I am interested to know if there are other solutions.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The latest version of Sony's Picture Motion Browser Update (version 5.6.01) allows to merge the m2ts files. It is available for free download at Sony eSupport site. Once you install this software its very easy, just select the m2ts files to merge and choose the output folder for merged m2ts..that's all!!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thanks arjuna1980. Can you download the complete version instead just the update? Is the merging process fast?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry for the confusion!! its not just update..Its the complete setup which you can download and install. Yes, its pretty fast. I use it for merging m2ts files from my Sony HDR-CX350V
    Quote Quote  
  10. Should the Sony's Picture Motion Browser be the tool I could use to merge M2TS from a Panasonic Camcorder?

Thanks
    Quote Quote