VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am attempting to rip a DVD (non-encrypted) but and having trouble with bad sectors. I can't get past a specific point with either my DVD player or my burner (playing and ripping). There are not chapter marks to allow me to just past the problem point. Are there any packages out there that might help this? I have used Nero without success. I can live with getting static or similar for the bad areas but want to at least be able to continue past that point in the DVD.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Perhaps ISOBuster might help in extracting from the disc.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  3. See if the disc is dirty or scratched. If it is scratched you can buff the disc to get rid of scratch, check youtube or google on how to do it safely. If it has a bad burn you are out of luck on that disc. When you are reading that disc to HD you have to set "ignore the errors" on the burner to get the rest of it. Since it is not encrypted you can also copy and paste each vob until go get to the bad one.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ISOPuzzle is also good (and free) but may have to let it run for some hours on stubborn problems.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. The disc is a commercial disc without encryption so I assume that means pressed not burned. There are little or no scratches visible and I have tried to clean without success. Will look at ISOBuster and Puzzle. I have identified which VOB it is but so far that does not help. For those that might wonder, I am trying to watch part of what is on the disc and not trying any type of piracy. My hope is to get by the "bad sectors" so I can watch the end of my video. I don't even have to burn whatever I get from any software. I am content with watching the end from my computer if that becomes possible.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by AlfB
    The disc is a commercial disc without encryption
    From the problem you are describing....my guess is that you
    are wrong about the disc not being encrypted(or protected).
    Quote Quote  
  7. No, it is definitely not encrypted. I can read large parts of the video with just Nero Recode. I just can't get past this one point.
    Quote Quote