VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is it better to an use S-Video cable, rather than the typical RCA red-white-yellow cables? Will a video be any better looking using an S-Video,cable, being copied from VHS VCR to DVD recorder? Please advise. thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by zoobie
    http://www.lyberty.com/encyc/articles/svideo.html
    thanks for the read!! I bought an almost brand new S-VHS vcr. JVC HR-S7600U. for a whopping $10.00 for a pawn shop. From what i hear, the TBC on it isn't as good as the S7900U, but i managed to copy two of my many VHS tapes to DVD. I was just wondering if using S-Video would be a better option, and the read answered my question as a "yes". I know, from what a poster told me here a few weeks back, that a TBC isn't always a good thing, as it will sometimes make the video look worse, but two tapes outta two ain't bad.

The unit is nice. The only drawback is it didn't come with a remote, but that's ok.

Thanks again!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    killer deal, man
    pawnshops usually don't goof...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by snafubaby
    The unit is nice. The only drawback is it didn't come with a remote, but that's ok.
    You can get a universal (programmable) remote pretty cheap.
    If you happen to have a PDA with IR (probably rare these days) they can be used too.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by snafubaby
    Is it better to an use S-Video cable, rather than the typical RCA red-white-yellow cables? Will a video be any better looking using an S-Video,cable, being copied from VHS VCR to DVD recorder?
    Generally, yes, s-video will look better than composite. S-video will not give you dot crawl and rainbow artifacts like composite. But this can vary depending on the source devices involved.

http://doom9.free.fr/index.html?/capture/rainbows.html
    Quote Quote