VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is it better to an use S-Video cable, rather than the typical RCA red-white-yellow cables? Will a video be any better looking using an S-Video,cable, being copied from VHS VCR to DVD recorder? Please advise. thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Author, Producer, Composer, Director - Canon HDV, Konica SLR, LG BD burner
    Handcoder: HTML, PHP, JS, CSS
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by zoobie
    http://www.lyberty.com/encyc/articles/svideo.html
    thanks for the read!! I bought an almost brand new S-VHS vcr. JVC HR-S7600U. for a whopping $10.00 for a pawn shop. From what i hear, the TBC on it isn't as good as the S7900U, but i managed to copy two of my many VHS tapes to DVD. I was just wondering if using S-Video would be a better option, and the read answered my question as a "yes". I know, from what a poster told me here a few weeks back, that a TBC isn't always a good thing, as it will sometimes make the video look worse, but two tapes outta two ain't bad.

The unit is nice. The only drawback is it didn't come with a remote, but that's ok.

Thanks again!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    killer deal, man
    pawnshops usually don't goof...
    Author, Producer, Composer, Director - Canon HDV, Konica SLR, LG BD burner
    Handcoder: HTML, PHP, JS, CSS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by snafubaby
    The unit is nice. The only drawback is it didn't come with a remote, but that's ok.
    You can get a universal (programmable) remote pretty cheap.
    If you happen to have a PDA with IR (probably rare these days) they can be used too.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by snafubaby
    Is it better to an use S-Video cable, rather than the typical RCA red-white-yellow cables? Will a video be any better looking using an S-Video,cable, being copied from VHS VCR to DVD recorder?
    Generally, yes, s-video will look better than composite. S-video will not give you dot crawl and rainbow artifacts like composite. But this can vary depending on the source devices involved.

http://doom9.free.fr/index.html?/capture/rainbows.html
    Quote Quote