VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there

My set top box created a .pvr file when recorded a program. I have been looking for a freeware that can convert and burn the .pvr file to DVD. Can you advise please?
    Thank you.

Brad.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    No personal experience with the program, but you might try ProjectX. I saw this on the Afterdawn forums: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/664753

Posted by x7trsa
    Anyone wanting to convert pvr files to avi, mpg, dvd or the likes a bit of a round about way but here it is anyway.

Install projectx from link below. After install
    File - Add - Navigate to folder with pvr file.
    Select prepare button (Centre left of screen)
    Highlight m2p format & close window)
    Select '+' button & set output dir(bottom centre)
    Select Quick Start button

Now Convert m2p to avi, mpeg, dvd or whatever using any freeware software... (search for m2p to avi)
    Or one of our members may have a better solution.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for the information but I have tried ProjectX but the program doesn't read the entire .pvr file. I have tried a few freeware such as 1 click, DVD creator, DVD flick but no luck so far. If you know other program that works please let me know. Once again thank you for your help.

Thank you.

Brad
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Brad,

Have you tried MPEG StreamClip? I have just used it to convert a file from my PVR (file was a .ts, but MPEG Stream Clip can cope with quite a few, I think) into an MPEG file. I then burned the MPEG file to DVD using AvsToDVD. Both programs free and very good.

Thanks,
    Al.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Al

Thank you for your advice. Yes, it works but the MPEG StreamClip could not see the entire file (.pvr more than an 1 hour long clip). It only see 40 mins of the clip. Once again, thank you for your help.

Cheers,

Brad.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You may need to fix timecode breaks (which MPEG Streamclip can do). Such breaks are very common in pvr files. However, I am not sure if this operation requires Apple's MPEG2 component to be installed (which is not free). Give it a try and see.
    Quote Quote