VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I'm trialling this after realising that Ulead DVD Workshop 2 won't work on my new Vista PC (boo!), but while it does some things the same, it won't do others that seem so basic and it just seems so odd.

1. On the menu, I cannot simply delete unnecessary items within the menu at all, not even by pressing 'delete' on the keyboard.

2. There's also no 'undo' option for menu changes, eg. if you accidentally move something and want it back in exactly the same place (actually, as I type that I've just found I can right-click and 'reset selected objects' so that's some saving grace.)

3. When I create a new project, I can't give a title, nor is there an option to save it, so if I want to come back to it later I can't seem to do that.

4. Ulead DVD Workshop had the ability to just create an ISO so I could burn the disc later whereas this appears to just want to go ahead and burn it there and then (and I don't always want to do that).

These are things that are so basic that there's no reason why they shouldn't be there and it's very frustrating that they're not - unless I've missed some things within it.

Also, is there a way to import previous projects from Ulead DVD Workshop? Moviefactory just seems to have .dwz instead of .dws files and it won't let me select something other than .dwz

Thanks in advance,
    Dom Robinson
    Editor, http://DVDfever.co.uk
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    (just had a quick tidy of my original post)

I've since found out how to do No.4, as that comes up as an option on the screen where you go to burn the DVD.

I can't figure out 1 & 3 for the life of me, though.

Anyone know, please?
    Dom Robinson
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    iirc, the save option is somewhere in the menus. It may be a good idea to look through ALL of the menus to find it.

Brainiac
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, thanks for that. Yep, I was a bit premature in my original post without looking too deeply into the menus.

As I've had a further play with it, the fact that while I can save separate projects it only appears to save everything in one set of folders (rather than Workshop 2's individual ones per project - although I could keep a copy of each of these separate with some manual intervention), it only appears to give me one menu per project - whereas Workshop 2 would give you several although I only used a maximum of 4 on one DVD, and Moviefactory also crashed while I was previewing a DVD so, unless I'm mistaken, it seems like a poor man's Workshop (though the large difference in retail price can presumably account for that) and I can't understand why they dropped Workshop in favour of Moviefactory.

I've seen the list of things Sony DVD Architect 4.5 can do and I'm thinking of giving that a trial run in the hope it does more that I'm after.
    Dom Robinson
    Quote Quote