VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi I am trying to figure out how I can save my ISO Files to disk so that I can open up my hard drive. Do I save them to cd or dvd? Are they saved as a data file? I am using decrypter and "express burn" programs. I am asking because I tried once and the image file didn't work when I tried to take it off the disk. Thank you.....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can

a) Burn them to a DVD or CD (depending on the size) with Imgburn

b) Mount them with daemontools and access them directly from the HDD
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. [url=http]text[/url] Denvers Dawgs's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Are you trying to make a dvd from an Iso? is the Iso just saved files put into an iso image? If you just want to save an ISO file to a dvd, use dvd decrypter and just choose mode -> ISO -> Write and that will burn the Iso to the dvd. Maybe I'm missing something or confused about your question though?

An ISO file is just a container that neatly holds the folders/files you want.
    What We Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity....
    Quote Quote  
  4. [url=http]text[/url] Denvers Dawgs's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    or what guns1nger said...haha
    What We Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity....
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am trying to put an ISO not an actual playable movie onto a disk so that if I want to make another DVD with that movie I can? Does that make sense,lol....?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you have Nero, you can also use ImageDrive (as another option). Nero uses NRG for their version of ISO (as additional info).

As was correctly described to you, the ISO is a "container" that stores the information. Think of it like an actual real disc, but in a digital version. It was designed to make your computer think it's a real disc, using a player, like Daemon Tools (an image drive) which also makes your computer think it's a real drive.

Having said that, if you put the ISO, as is, onto a disc, it will be data. If you put the contents of the ISO onto a disc, it will depend what's in the ISO - a DvD movie, a CD or just plain data - and your disc will be a DvD, a CD or a storage unit respectively.

So to answer your last question:
    I am trying to put an ISO not an actual playable movie onto a disk so that if I want to make another DVD with that movie I can? Does that make sense,lol....?
    Unless it's multiple, and separate ISOs, putting one ISO onto a disc isn't much use. It's like putting one disc onto one disc (kind of like a double-packaged single item). Just put the actual contents of the ISO onto a disc. Use Daemon Tools to load it (open it) and then copy the actual contents onto disc instead.

Keeping it as ISO is great if you want to copy from your computer. But if you want to copy one ISOs contents from disc, just put the contents onto disc to copy to another disc later.

That makes much better sense.
    I hate VHS. I always did.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I guess I'm trying to put the Movie ISO's onto a disk so that I can later pull the Images of the movies I want to burn to disk? I don't want to clog up my hard drive. There that is easier to say,lol..... Thank you....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That makes zero sense.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Many bootleg video trading groups (Grateful Dead, Genesis) send out ISO images burned as images/data to preserve the data that is then passed on to the next trader. It keeps people from sending on crappy media or DVD Recorder recordings on to the next person.
    You could just do what they do. Create a DATA DVD which happens to contain an ISO Image of a movie....if you wanted to.
    They are your DVD blanks....do whatever you want with them.
    I'd use Prassi Ones to create such a disc....but I'm sure freeware such as ImgBurn could be coaxed into doing it as well.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    O.k, I'm not a video guru as you can see,lol... In short I have movie Image files I want to save but not on a hard drive. Can I save them on a data disk to be later used? Want to save movie files to disk,lol......this is like a new language here....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If the ISO is a DVD, why bother saving it as an ISO. Burn is as a DVD video, and you can watch it, rip it back later etc. Burning is as an ISO file on a data disc is a waste of time.

That said, if you want to waste time, use Imgburn. Click on Mode->Build, then select the ISO as a file. Burn away. You will get a data disc with an ISO file on it.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    o.k, sounds good. I guess I wanted to save the files or images on disk so that if my only copy of the movie became scratched or broken I would have to find the original to do it again. I will end this post now to stop my appearance of complete stupidity,lol. thank you all......
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Mort439,
    I dont think your confusion is all that unusual. Many people dont understand the relation between an .iso and the original files.
    I have on occasion saved an .iso file to DVD, so your idea is not really so far fetched.
    When working with video or DVD files terminology is very important. If you are not quite sure of the ideas or methods try looking in the glossary or guides section first.
    Everyone here has started at the beginning, we are happy to help, hope to hear from you in the future.
    Quote Quote