VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi All,

I've processed a few BD's with BD-Rebuilder with zero problems (Thanks Baldrick) but I'm having major issues with AVCHD PATCHER. I have a PS3 and of course it reads my BD-9's as data discs. When I try to run the AVCHD Patcher progam, it gives an error when I drag the index file to it and doesn't patch!? Any suggestions on what I can do? I've tried a couple of different versions of the AVCHD Patcher program and am having no luck.

I'm running Windows Vista 64..

Rick

UPDATE: Got it working now...
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok... so I have the discs working on my PS3 now, but only the ones that are "movie only". If I do an entire disc (with menus) it doesn't read them properly (still sees them as a data disc) even though I ran it through the patching program the same way I did the movie-only discs. Any suggestions? I'd really like to have full disc functionality, instead of 'movie only'.

Rick
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    anyone know what this problemm...

Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys,

I was able to burn a BD5 Movie-only of "Hotel for Dogs". However when I tried to use the Master rip to reencode to a BD9 Full-disc, I get a "Cannot reencode" error. Please help. BTW, I have a i7 920 machine with 6gb 10600 RAM.

Thanks,

Denis
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi any chance of selecting our own filesize..?. My 50gb bd-re only leaves 45.1 gig after formatting, and the film i wanna burn is 46gb. 8)
    Quote Quote  
  6. THANK YOU! This worked perfectly on the new Criterion release: The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button (2.5hr movie) and my computer only took 6 hours to rebuild it (gotta love 8 cores!!, hehe)

-THANKS!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Backing up Star Trek VI, it has subtitles for the Klingon's that, on the original bluray disc, come up automatically when they are speaking Klingon. Backed up up to a BR25 using BD Rebuilder, they don't show up without turning the full English subtitles on manually. Any tips? I had set the program to only copy the English subtitles and had unchecked "limit to one track" under subtitles.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm a beginner in Bluray rip; I followed this guide and I try to shrink a Bluray to DVD-9 (Deja Vu movie). I get an x264.exe error when BD Rebuilder start to Reencoding: VID_00048 (1 of 23)

I installed the latest program and I don't find how to fix that problem. Somebody can help me?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The Klingon subtitles are probably in the last english substream. They were on star Trek I and III,and also on The Day The Earth Stood Still. If your disk has 2-3 english substreams,the last one is probably it. You could also play the disk and count the subtreams to find which one you want.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hope this thread is not dead as I have a question regarding BD_Rebuilder. Trying to shrink a BD (with all of the menus and bonus features) that about 32 GB to fit on a BD-R SL. There are two video tracks that I do not want on it, but I cannot figure out a way to get rid of them. I can take out the audio tracks on the unwanted video tracks but can't do anything about the video tracks. Is there anything that can be done?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mrswla
    Sorry, nevermind. Dumb ass me got ahead of my self. Didn't install the software that came with the drive before trying to read Blu-Ray discs.
    How did you solve this? I get the same thing and can't get BD rebuilder to work. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I installed the LG software that came with the drive. You can't get BD Rebuilder to work? Have you installed the other three programs that are needed to run BD Rebuilder? ffdshow, Haali Media Splitter and avisynth.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have sucessfully, used D-Rebuilder on lu-ray Öpen Season", with fantastic results, after burning to DVD-5 But when I did Black Hawk down, I only got the directors copy and sound when selecting Movie only.
    I also ripped Rambo with ANYDVD-HD,, as BD-Rebuilder just would not encode it. But even though I selected the movie files only from the AnyDVD-HD Rip, that also only played two different types of directors copies, but movie sound. I believe I have all the encoders required. When selecting Movie only, generally the sotware gos for the largest file, but Rambo was made up of about 9 file big and small, and most were not as big as some of the trailers. Has anyone got any help they can share.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Hi everyone,

I have just run BD_Rebuilder for the first time, trying to make a Blu Ray fit on a BD25 disc.

BD_Rebuilder ran and created a BDMV folder. I ran the index.bdmv file though AVCHD Patcher successfully.

However, I've noticed that BD_Rebuilder did not create a CERTIFICATE folder.

Should I go ahead and burn just the BDMV folder, or will the missing CERTIFICATE folder stop my OPPO Blu Ray player from playing?

I appreciate any advice - thanks in advance.

Neil
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Megahurts
    MELIS - thanks for the tip.

I tried AVCHD Patcaher v1.05 on a full disk backup but it wouldn't patch so I tried v1.04 and it worked. It showed as an AVCHD disc on the PS3. It played through all the warnings and trailers then crashed before the main menu.

Tried a different full disc backup and v1.05 worked and the PS3 played it normal. The menu came after the movie on this one, but still worked.
    I'm having the same problems as Megahurts. I can not locate a copy of ver 1.04 AVCHD Patcher though. Anyone know where I can get a copy?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi there.
    1st time on this site so sorry if this has been covered.
    i have just downloaded dvd rebuilder along with all the downloads needed for this program.i have just dragged the dark knight blue ray disc onto my hard drive using anydvd hd.i have just opened up dvd rebuilder but everytime i go into the stream file on my hard drive to open the blue ray file with dvd rebuilder is says select source is not bd fomat.does anyone have any ideas as to what i am doing wrong or is there something i missed out???i am just trying this out for the first time and the dark knight blue ray disc is my attempt at backing up a blue ray disc.
    many thanks for any help given
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dvd1304
    hi there.
    i have just downloaded dvd rebuilder along with all the downloads needed for this program.i have just dragged the dark knight blue ray disc onto my hard drive using anydvd hd.i have just opened up dvd rebuilder but everytime i go into the stream file on my hard drive to open the blue ray file with dvd rebuilder is says select source is not bd fomat.does anyone have any ideas as to what i am doing wrong or is there something i missed out???i am just trying this out for the first time and the dark knight blue ray disc is my attempt at backing up a blue ray disc.
    Do not select the stream folder and simply select your named folder that contains All the files.

Updated edit:
    As mentioned elsewhere....did you mean BDRebuilder and not DVDRebuilder?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does bd builder work on a ps3 properly on full movie option with titles?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ChiMarticus2
    Originally Posted by dvd1304
    hi there.
    Do not select the stream folder and simply select your named folder that contains All the files.

Updated edit:
    As mentioned elsewhere....did you mean BDRebuilder and not DVDRebuilder?
    i had the same problem with " the source is not a bd format " i use UDF READER v.2.5 program and it worked for me, just run the program in the background . you can find it in the tool section.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by harrysue
    Originally Posted by Megahurts
    MELIS - thanks for the tip.

I tried AVCHD Patcaher v1.05 on a full disk backup but it wouldn't patch so I tried v1.04 and it worked. It showed as an AVCHD disc on the PS3. It played through all the warnings and trailers then crashed before the main menu.

Tried a different full disc backup and v1.05 worked and the PS3 played it normal. The menu came after the movie on this one, but still worked.
    I'm having the same problems as Megahurts. I can not locate a copy of ver 1.04 AVCHD Patcher though. Anyone know where I can get a copy?
    i would also like a link to avchd-patcher 1.04 or if someone with it can upload it to rapidshare would be great. i have v 1.05 and 1.06. i have made a bd-25 and a dvd-5 they both play fine on my pc but i get an error when i try to run the index file through avchd-patcher 1.05 or 1.06 and read others with the same problem had success with v1.04.
    Quote Quote  
  21. i also am having the same problem. cant find a link for avcdhd patcher 1.04
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is it possible to retain True HD Audio or uncompressed Linear Audio when converting to BD9. Each time I try it I end up with a compressed version either DTS or Dolby depending on the setup. Is it simply not possible to squueze the HD Audio uncompressed onto a BD9. No problems with BD25
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have tried a couple times now to use BD Rebuilder, but each time I try I get an error stating "Component 'MSCOMCTL.OCX' or one of its dependancies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

I am trying this on a new i7 machine I built running Vista Ultimate 64. I tried just to see if I could get it to work on my notebook runing Vista Home Basic 64 & didnt have any problems there.

Could someone please assist?

Thank you!

Quote Quote  
  24. Sometime certain Microsoft Libraries can become unregistered when installing and uninstalling a lot of software. One very common problem is the MSCOMCTL.OCX.

To correct the error, first search your drive for MSCOMCTL.OCX to see if you have it. If not you can download it from HERE...
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/mscomctl.zip

The file should be placed in your C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory. Or, if you are C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 if you are using WinXP.

Once it is there click START--> RUN and type "REGSVR32 MSCOMCTL.OCX" (No quotes) in the box.

That should fix the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for your help.

I tried placing the file in the system folder, as well as the system 32 folder & running that command, but no luck with either.

Would it make a difference that I am running Vista Ultimate 64 bit?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    does be-rebuilder free always stay free or does it "expire"?
    'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Got it figured out!

If anyone else is having the problem with registering 'MSCOMCTL.OCX' on a Vista 64 setup here's what I did...

Download the file of course (there are numerous links above to locations). Then place the file in windows\sysWOW64. Then goto start & type in 'cmd' at the bottom to search for the command prompt location, but do not click on it yet! You will need to right click on it & run as administrator. Then once at the command prompt, type the following...

regsvr32 \windows\sysWOW64\MSCOMCTL.OCX

It should register the file & you should be set.

One question I have for those out there, I just started my first rebuild & have new i7-920 processor, but am showing only around 10% processor usage. Is there something I need to do to get this program to utilize my processor more effectively?

Thanks everyone!
    Quote Quote