VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just wanted to offer a quick update. I did copy the m2ts file onto my PS3 hard drive just so I could rule out the DVD drive having issues with my DVDs. The hard drive copy skips exactly the same as the DVD copy. I also did a new compression without checking the extra AVCHD compliance box...and also didn't bother to use the patching utility. The results were the same. It stutters at the exact same places (and again, does not stutter whatsoever on my PC when played through PowerDVD 8).
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by YolkiePolkie
    Baldrick, thanks for the PM the other day pointing me towards BD Rebuilder. I successfuly backed up my Blade Runner blu-ray onto a DVD9 (movie only) using the PS3 patch. I've spent the last couple of days doing quality comparison tests on a PS3 via a 2m wide picture provided my my Sanyo Z2000.
    YolkiePolkie, from your post it appears that you are having no problems playing your DVD9 blu-ray backups on your PS3, unlike myself, superhulk, and stazna01. Did you do anything different from Baldrick's guide? Does your PS3 recognise the DVD9 backup as a AVCHD?

I'm making fairly wild guesses now but can you tell me what firmware you're running (my PS3 stutters running both 2.53 and 2.60)?

Finally I assume your PS3 is running in 1080/24p output to your Z2000. Unfortunately I've only got a PLVZ4 and hence have my PS3 is set to output 720p. This is a long shot but if you've got 5 minutes would you mind turning off the 24p mode on your PS3 and try testing playback at 720p (I know it's a long shot but if you followed the guide like we did there most be something different in your setup somewhere).

YolkiePolkie, have you done any other movies successfully yet?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by stazna01
    I just wanted to offer a quick update. I did copy the m2ts file onto my PS3 hard drive just so I could rule out the DVD drive having issues with my DVDs. The hard drive copy skips exactly the same as the DVD copy. I also did a new compression without checking the extra AVCHD compliance box...and also didn't bother to use the patching utility. The results were the same. It stutters at the exact same places (and again, does not stutter whatsoever on my PC when played through PowerDVD 8).
    stazna01, as we're in the same boat regarding the stuttering problem can you tell me what firmware version you have on your PS3, what encoding quality did you choose in BD Rebuilder, and also what output resolution is your PS3 set to (ie. 1080/24p, 1080p, 1080i, 720p etc)?

superhulk, can you also provide the same information to help narrow down the problem please?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by programmer_rich
    Great guide Baldrick but I'm having the same problem as superhulk and stazna01 when playing back a DVD9 on the PS3 - extreme stuttering.

I'm using BD Rebuilder to do a Movie Only backup of "The Pursuit of Happyness" at the highest quality (slowest encoding) setting for a DVD9 (DVD+R DL). Then I patch the index.bdmv using AVCHD.Patcher.

My PS3 identifies the disc as an AVCHD and start playing. Audio is fine but video has extreme stuttering (losing more frames than it displays).

(Possible red herring but testing the m2ts file on my PC with VLC gives almost identical stuttering to the PS3 and stats show many dropped frames - playing at half speed in VLC and it's looks great with no dropped frames)

If anyone has had this problem and worked out a solution please post the answer and put me out of my misery! Many thanks in advance.
    I am doin what everybody is doin, and am not gettin the stutter on ps3 or standalone bluray,using the same burner.I do burn on slow speed.Mel
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm having the same problem with stuttering on the PS3 with version 0.18.7 of BD Rebuilder. I have been trying unsuccessfully to do a movie only copy of Max Payne for about a week now. The previous version of BD-Builder crapped out at the point where it started to rebuild the blu-ray. The new version makes it through the encode and rebuild, but the resulting m2ts file skips and stutters both when burned to disk (PS3 and PC), and when streamed through PS3 Media Server.

On a hunch I went back did another movie only copy of a blu-ray that I had successfully copied with the initial BD-Rebuilder release. Although it worked with the earlier version, the latest version of BD-Rebuilder created an m2ts file that skips and stutters on playback.

I am at a loss as to what the problem is on my end, as nothing changed in my PC setup other than I am using a more recent version of BD-Rebuilder. Hopefully the next version will fix the problem.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I had a stuttering problem converting Star Trek HD-DVD's to Blueray. It was solve by running the elementary video file thru H264info and removing pulldown. Might help.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    programmer rich,

My PS3 is running at 1080p and the firmware is 2.60. As far as BD rebuilder...I have not changed any of the default settings. Here's hoping we get to the bottom of this. I almost have a full coaster set.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MEL15
    I am doin what everybody is doin, and am not gettin the stutter on ps3 or standalone bluray,using the same burner.I do burn on slow speed.Mel
    Hi Mel, what version of BD Rebuilder are you using and what quality setting are you encoding at? Also what firmware is your PS3 running? Thanks in advance, Rich

P.S. I'm going to try removing the pulldown as suggested by wulf109 (thanks) to see if that fixes the problem for me and I'll post back if it does.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @programmer_rich

Im running the newest firmware on PS3. But only updated to the lastest 2.60 firmware yesterday, so i guess i was on the one before that. I did change settings BD Builder, i unticked trellis algorithm. My ps3 runs on my HDTV 1080p
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Running PS3 firmware version 2.60.

Encountered the reported video stutter problem that others have run into.
    Using latest BR-RB beta 0.18.07 while converting "Movie Only" to a BD-5 (testing only, as the quality for a 3 hour movie is not that great - still better than DVD though).

Anyways, here's what I did that ended up fixing the problem:

- Opened up the *.AVS.264 file from the WORKFILES directory (created by BD-RB) in H264info
    - checked the "Remove pulldown" checkbox
    - ran H264info and created a new file, *_NoPulldown.AVS.264
    - opened up TSMuxer GUI
    - added the newly-created no-pulldown 264 file, and the *.AC3 file from the WORKFILES directory (created by BD-RB)
    - selected the "Create Blu-ray Disc" option and ran it
    - burned the resulting folders to a DVD+RW using ImgBurn with UDF 2.50

Hope this helps.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the tip, Lawbringer. Question, though. In my workfiles directory I have two "264" files.

VID_00001.AVS.264 - 6.8 GB
    VID_00002.AVS.264 - 3 KB

Do I remove the pulldown from both and then mux both with the audio, or do I just use the bigger file?

Also, I have two AC3 files...so do I mux both of those as well?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Lawbringer
    Running PS3 firmware version 2.60.

Encountered the reported video stutter problem that others have run into.
    Using latest BR-RB beta 0.18.07 while converting "Movie Only" to a BD-5 (testing only, as the quality for a 3 hour movie is not that great - still better than DVD though).

Anyways, here's what I did that ended up fixing the problem:

- Opened up the *.AVS.264 file from the WORKFILES directory (created by BD-RB) in H264info
    - checked the "Remove pulldown" checkbox
    - ran H264info and created a new file, *_NoPulldown.AVS.264
    - opened up TSMuxer GUI
    - added the newly-created no-pulldown 264 file, and the *.AC3 file from the WORKFILES directory (created by BD-RB)
    - selected the "Create Blu-ray Disc" option and ran it
    - burned the resulting folders to a DVD+RW using ImgBurn with UDF 2.50

Hope this helps.
    Many thanks Lawbringer for the detailed instructions. One point of clarification; did you need to use AVCHD.Patcher to patch the resulting index.bdmv file?

BTW on the BD Rebuilder bug reports forum they're claiming that BD Rebuilder version 17.13 works fine with the PS3:
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1243008#post1243008
    as you can still download this version it may be an simplier (and quicker) solution until jdobbs hopefully fixes the problem in a new version of BD Rebuilder.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If any of you guys are already registered on the doom9 forum would you mind posted the following to the BD Rebuilder bug report topic (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=143716) as I believe it will help get the PS3 stuttering playback problem fixed as the thread is actively used by the developer jdobbs (unfortunately although I've just registered on doom9 I can't post for the first 5 days, arrrgh!):

It appears the problem with BD Rebuilder 18.07 backups stuttering on PS3 playback relates to the pulldown settings as verified by Lawbringer in his post on the videohelp forum:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic361854-30.html#1933023

jdobbs, has there been a change to the encoding pulldown settings in BD Rebuilder since version 17.13? If so can you tell us which version of BD Rebuilder introduced this problem so users who care about PS3 playback can use the last version without the problem (hopefully without having to go all the way back to version 17.13)?

Obviously if you could also fix the problem in the next release of BD Rebuilder I'm sure all the PS3 owners will be very grateful! BTW great job on BD Rebuilder so far.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've just successfully backup Pursuit of Happyness to a DVD5 with BD Rebuilder 17.13 and it plays back without problem on my PS3. Apparently the Movie Only mode was changed for version 18 and has obviously broken PS3 playback. I'll be using 17.13 until a new version comes out with this fixed.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by programmer_rich
    Many thanks Lawbringer for the detailed instructions. One point of clarification; did you need to use AVCHD.Patcher to patch the resulting index.bdmv file?

BTW on the BD Rebuilder bug reports forum they're claiming that BD Rebuilder version 17.13 works fine with the PS3:
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1243008#post1243008
    as you can still download this version it may be an simplier (and quicker) solution until jdobbs hopefully fixes the problem in a new version of BD Rebuilder.
    Rich,

I did not need to use the AVCHD.Patcher, since I was doing a "Movie Only" encode, and those work fine on the PS3 - shows up as an AVCHD disc.

I haven't tried the earlier version of BD-RB, so can't attest to 17.13 one way or another. The solution I posted was ONLY for v18.07, and ONLY with a single m2ts file.

Originally Posted by stazna01
    Thanks for the tip, Lawbringer. Question, though. In my workfiles directory I have two "264" files.

VID_00001.AVS.264 - 6.8 GB
    VID_00002.AVS.264 - 3 KB

Do I remove the pulldown from both and then mux both with the audio, or do I just use the bigger file?

Also, I have two AC3 files...so do I mux both of those as well?
    stazna,

honestly, don't know, as I've only tried it with a single m2ts file (and there was only one 264 and one AC3 file to deal with). The second 264 file is suspiciously small - I'd check the first file out with VLC and see if the movie is completely there. Did you do a "Movie Only" encode? If that's the case, I'd say remove the pulldown from the first file, and mux the result with the largest AC3 with the latest date in tsMuxeR. Make sure the resulting m2ts plays fine before burning, of course.

I'm still fairly new to this myself, and am learning by doing.
    Quote Quote  
  16. guys just use slysoft any dvd and elaborate bytes clone dvd its so simple with these 2 tools
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    My expierence with BD Rebuilder is that encodeing the m2ts to a smaller size removes pulldown. If pulldown was causing the stutter,that's why it's gone.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks wulf109, I've tried that but the copy produced was little better than a dvd (burnt onto a BD-9). Any ideas on how to improve the quality using Ripbot?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Rich, my PS3 is recognizes the AVCHDs without a problem. I am using Aone DVD9 discs. I assume you are patching your index files? have backed up a number of discs all very successfully. I encode only the movie and the main english audio to dvd9. I am using firmware 2.60 but the previous firmware (2.53?) worked fine too
    Quote Quote  
  20. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    thanks programmer_rich the older version of BD_RB works fine wit ps3...i burn it with my dvd burner but i would like to know would it be any quality difference if i would of use blu ray burner to do this?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    the encoding process fails at the video portion
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes v.17.13 no stutter with Ps3.........V.18.07 having a problem with stuttering.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Need help. Does anybody experienced the same problem? I am using the latest edition of BD Rebuilder but as by previous versions always right from the start I am getting this message : - [10:53:12] ExtractAudioSubs() 00013 4
    [10:53:14] - Failed to retrieve audio, aborted.
    It does with any BD I try to resize. It does not matter if I want to resize to BD-25GB or DVD9 or DVD5.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I dropped back to 18.4 because of the audio not being found problem. 18.4 is the most stable version,at least in my expierence.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    so do the bd_rb version 18.4 have any stutter problems wit ps3 wulf109?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry,I don't Have a PS3,I'm using a Sony BDP-S350 standalone. Why would the PS3 be different than a Sony standalone? There both using Sony loaders? You might want to try Ripbot,it seems more stable. It only does movie only and won't compress to a BD size directory.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm trying to convert the movie Spartacus from HD-DVD to Blue/ray. Since BD Rebuilder won't open HD-DVD files I converted the movie only to a Blueray directory with TSmuxer. When I open the directory in BD Builder it has the only audio stream X out. I can double-click on it and it will open but will it actually encode the audio? I don't feel like spending 14 hours on my computer and wind up with no audio.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have tried 2 different movies directly from the blu-ray drive and from the hard disk after being ripped, and they both fail with error "Haali Media Splitter" Error: can't open file: The media type of this file is not recognized.
    This happens after the Current progress bar reaches 100%.
    -----------------------
    [12:42:32] BD Rebuilder v0.18.7 (beta)
    - Source: ID4_US_V2
    - Input BD size: 35.37 GB
    - Approximate total content: [02:24:48.680]
    - Target BD size: 4.27 GB
    - MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
    [12:42:32] PHASE ONE, Encoding
    - Reached retry limit. Aborting.
    [14:18:22] - Failed video encode, aborted

Any idea's or suggestions????
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by wulf109
    I'm trying to convert the movie Spartacus from HD-DVD to Blue/ray. Since BD Rebuilder won't open HD-DVD files I converted the movie only to a Blueray directory with TSmuxer. When I open the directory in BD Builder it has the only audio stream X out. I can double-click on it and it will open but will it actually encode the audio? I don't feel like spending 14 hours on my computer and wind up with no audio.
    When you build the BD directory with TSMuxer, click on the audio stream - midway through the GUI there should be an "audio" area with a dropdown - pick the language that you want.

Alternatively, you can go into BD-RB settings and change the "keep audio language" to be "All Languages" rather than the default. That should take care of the X
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by str8from228
    so do the bd_rb version 18.4 have any stutter problems wit ps3 wulf109?
    Thanks for the tip, but it didn't help at all. Still getting the same message:
    [00:55:25] ExtractAudioSubs() 00013 -- error
    [00:55:27] - Failed to retrieve audio, aborted

Does anybody know what causes this?
    Quote Quote