VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am having problems with AVCHD-patcher 1.06, during a backup for 1 particular movie keep getting file format error. I have read that v1.04 might be able to fix this but I cant find it anywhere, can someone please post a link or a direct link to download.

Also, for some movies, I have noticed that that are extra folders besides BDMV and CERTIFICATE, should I burn all those folders or just stick with 2(BDMV and CERTIFICATE).

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. First of all, thanks to milOtis for an excelent guide!

This is just to give you some tips and share how I did it and maybe save u some time.

Instead of separatly downloading and installing all the codec packs, u can use one for all. Like rmeyers previosly suggests, download the K-Lite Codec Pack. It will automaticly tell you if you have any conflicting codecs and promt u to un-install them. You will also get reminders when new versions are avalible and thus keeping all your codecs up to date.

Another good choice is to download the trial versions of Elecard MPEG2 and AVC HD players. This is primarily because they create stable registry links, so the objective is not to use them as default encoders/decodes.

U can also, instead of using AnyDVD HD, try DVDFab 6 (not freeware either, the beta might be, I think). It will rip your BD to a HDD folders with subs and sound of your choice with impressing speed. Then you just use BD Rebuilder to get it into your favorite size. For those who use XP, UDF Reader is a useful tool if you want to brows the BD folder on the disc. You might of course also need AVCHD‐Patcher.

Hope this is to good use for some one!

allso..

Thanks jdobbs!!!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Alot of members here are reporting issues with DVD5 and DVD9 compatibility. But I'm aiming towards BD25 and was wondering is the compatibility issue on a BD25 based on the type of media or method of encoding/burning? That is of course if their is a compatibility issue with BD25.

I don't see why not, I want to be able to have it play on all bluray standalones and ps3, but I needed to know if anyone knew..

Also, this question is regards to Baldrick, can we have a Bluray Player compatible section like we do on the DVD Player section for compatibility, I know it might be too soon but next summer its going to be the norm with all the prices going down and possibly a Bluray hack
    Quote Quote  
  4. For all those people who require different versions of AVCHD PATCHER I have compiled a collection.
    Message me with your requirements and I can send to you
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by HARRYSPADGE
    For all those people who require different versions of AVCHD PATCHER I have compiled a collection.

Geeeez for all those looking for 1.04 patcher that have asked repeatedly over and over and for so many people that have found it and not helped.....kiss my a$$.... after having the same problems as everyone else and extensive searching i have found 1.04 and it has worked for me instantly on my GI-JOE bd... to all those that ignore thanks for nothing
    "http://wnojikoshya.hp.infoseek.co.jp/AVCHD-Patcher_1.04.rar" the download is clean but check for your own safety! Enjoy!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by detr0yt
    Originally Posted by HARRYSPADGE
    For all those people who require different versions of AVCHD PATCHER I have compiled a collection.

Geeeez for all those looking for 1.04 patcher that have asked repeatedly over and over and for so many people that have found it and not helped.....kiss my a$$.... after having the same problems as everyone else and extensive searching i have found 1.04 and it has worked for me instantly on my GI-JOE bd... to all those that ignore thanks for nothing
    "http://wnojikoshya.hp.infoseek.co.jp/AVCHD-Patcher_1.04.rar" the download is clean but check for your own safety! Enjoy!
    WOAH !!

Calm down man - take a chill pill
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I added links to AVCHD Patcher 1.04 to 1.06 under bdrebuilder other downloads, https://www.videohelp.com/tools/BD_Rebuilder#download
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    First of all thanks to both milOtis and Baldrick for the excelent guides. I've read most of the posts and have learned alot from all of you. Here is the result of my very first try on this Blu-Ray backup procedures and it worked for me the first time but I'm sure I'll be back to read some more. My first try was the King Kong (39 GB) title and here what I've used to create the BD-5 backup disc:

====================================
    Dell Precision 380 x86 PC with 4GB RAM
    Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS
    WDC 250, WDC 1TB - Hard drives
    Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
    DirectX 11
    TSS Tcorp CDDVDW SH-S223Q - DVD/CD Writer
    HL-DT-ST BD-RD GGW-H20L - LG BD Writer
    Sharp Aquos 32" 1080P TV - 1920 X 1080 X 60hz
    AnyDVD-HD - 6.6.0.3
    Elaborate Bytes VirtualCloneDrive
    AVCHD-Patcher version 1.04
    Avisynth_258
    ffdshow_rev3142_20091203_clsid
    MatroskaSplitter
    SetupImgBurn_2.5.0.0
    BD-RBV03104 - BD ReBuilder v0.31.04
    PowerDVD version 8
    ====================================
    Took 40 minutes to create the ISO
    Took 24 hours (yes 24 hrs! , I have an old PC) to create the BD structure using BDRebuilder
    Took 15 minutes to create each BD-5 with ImgBurn (both DVD-R and DVD+R)
    No issues with audio, video and sub-title

I created the BD-5 with both DVD-R and DVD+R and they both working great . I don't have PS3 or Standalone BD player, the only thing that I have to play Blu-Ray is my LG H20L and it played both disks without any problems. Here is the kicker, these disks can also play the movie on my PC-DVD player (TSS Tcorp CDDVDW SH-S223Q) using PowerDVD!!! and the video and audio is exactly the same quality as with the LG H20L. This is great but 24 hrs to make a backup to me it is not realistic but to know that this can be done is more than I can ask. I'm sure we'll get this down some day and having a better PC would help too (like 8-core PC that someone has...) I really enjoy reading these posts and do learn alot from you all and hope I can and will contribute some ideas soon. Thanks again and have a great day!

sepnotic
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I went all the way through this guide, had problems, fixed the problems, waited hours for it to finish, only to find out that it only makes a disc with the same structure as a BD. Does anyone know how I can make backups of my BDs to DVD-Rs that will play on normal DVD players? I'm talking about menus and everything - a straight copy - not something I could do with ConvertXtoDVD with new menus.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i know of no straight copy bd - dvd. i am sure there are programs that will convert the main movie to dvd for you. or you could convert everything yourself and build it into a dvd thats almost identicle. or just buy a bluray play and do bluray backups. blu-rays are blu-rays and dvds are dvds. you will not get a REAL blu-ray menu as a dvd menu anyway.

i actually want the oppersite. dvds backed up to blu-ray with orig menus ect as i want to backup my many tv series to 1 or 2 bd discs instead of 6-7 dvds.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the explanation, stackner. It helps me understand a lot more now. I guess I'll just use ConvertXtoDVD and make my own menus. The reason I wanna do this is because we have a Blu-Ray player only in my wife's laptop. We don't have any HDTVs yet, so we can't get a standalone Blu-Ray player.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    think it depends on the blu-ray player maybe? im sure mine has connections to plug into an sd tv. but i would still waittill you have a hd tv the picture is great.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Yes!!!
    All you people are very clever!
    And I think also, we have to give to the time, ... more time !
    Cheers.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by chrchr View Post
    Yes!!!
    All you people are very clever!
    And I think also, we have to give to the time, ... more time !
    Cheers.
    What do you mean by "give to the time?"
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    "Products" become better day after day!
    Don't you angree with that?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe I'm a little slow, but I have no idea what you're talking about. Sorry.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    Don't worry!!!
    I'm very "slow", too!
    Anyway, doctor said:
    "Nobody is perfect"
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by sorrycharlie View Post
    Maybe I'm a little slow, but I have no idea what you're talking about. Sorry.
    Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 or Adobe Encore CS4 will do this natively, if you got the cash.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Hi guys,

I'm having trouble getting Bd builder to finish the encode of a blu-ray ISO. It fails at around 85% on one of the files. Tried twice. 8hrs plus for each. I would heat to wait another 8hrs to find out it failed again.

Your input is appreciated
    Quote Quote  
  20. BD Rebuilder BETA ROCKS

[22:12:28] BD Rebuilder v0.32.08 (beta)
    - Source: IROBOT_US
    - Input BD size: 26.45 GB
    - Approximate total content: [01:54:44.252]
    - Target BD size: 4.27 GB
    - Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
    - MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
    - Audio Settings: AC3=1 DTS=1 HD=0 Kbs=640
    [22:12:28] PHASE ONE, Encoding
    - [22:12:28] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00001]
    - [22:22:55] Reencoding: VID_00001 (1 of 2)
    - [22:22:55] Collecting video information
    - Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
    - Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 165,033 frames
    - Bitrate: 4,180 Kbs
    - [22:22:55] Reencoding: VID_00001, Pass 1 of 2
    - [23:53:18] Reencoding: VID_00001, Pass 2 of 2
    - [02:16:59] Video Encode complete
    - [02:16:59] Reencoding audio tracks (if req'd)
    - [02:20:21] Multiplexing M2TS
    - [02:21:16] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00002]
    - [02:21:17] Reencoding: VID_00002 (2 of 2)
    - [02:21:17] Collecting video information
    - Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 24 frames
    - [02:21:17] Reencoding: VID_00002, Pass 1 of 1
    - [02:21:18] Video Encode complete
    - [02:21:18] Multiplexing M2TS
    [02:21:18]PHASE ONE complete
    [02:21:18]PHASE TWO - Rebuild Started
    - [02:21:18] Rebuilding AVCHD file Structure
    [02:22:59] - Encode and Rebuild complete
    [02:22:59] Writing BD structure to ISO file
    - ImgBurn completed successfully
    - WORKFILES folder removed.
    [02:24:20]JOB: IROBOT_US finished.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by konmaan View Post
    BD Rebuilder BETA ROCKS

[22:12:28] BD Rebuilder v0.32.08 (beta)
    - Source: IROBOT_US
    - Input BD size: 26.45 GB
    - Approximate total content: [01:54:44.252]
    - Target BD size: 4.27 GB
    - Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
    - MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
    - Audio Settings: AC3=1 DTS=1 HD=0 Kbs=640
    [22:12:28] PHASE ONE, Encoding
    - [22:12:28] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00001]
    - [22:22:55] Reencoding: VID_00001 (1 of 2)
    - [22:22:55] Collecting video information
    - Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 165,033 frames
    - Bitrate: 4,180 Kbs
    - [22:22:55] Reencoding: VID_00001, Pass 1 of 2
    - [23:53:18] Reencoding: VID_00001, Pass 2 of 2
    - [02:16:59] Video Encode complete
    - [02:16:59] Reencoding audio tracks (if req'd)
    - [02:20:21] Multiplexing M2TS
    - [02:21:16] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00002]
    - [02:21:17] Reencoding: VID_00002 (2 of 2)
    - [02:21:17] Collecting video information
    - Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 24 frames
    - [02:21:17] Reencoding: VID_00002, Pass 1 of 1
    - [02:21:18] Video Encode complete
    - [02:21:18] Multiplexing M2TS
    [02:21:18]PHASE ONE complete
    [02:21:18]PHASE TWO - Rebuild Started
    - [02:21:18] Rebuilding AVCHD file Structure
    [02:22:59] - Encode and Rebuild complete
    [02:22:59] Writing BD structure to ISO file
    - ImgBurn completed successfully
    - WORKFILES folder removed.
    [02:24:20]JOB: IROBOT_US finished.
    Can BD Rebuilder patch the BDMV files yet? I thought you still had to use AVCHD Patcher to make a fully compatible disc before you burned?
    Quote Quote  
  22. Silly question but is the AVCHD Patcher only meant to be used for BD5/BD9's? Or can it be used for BD25 media aswell?
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by likwid8 View Post
    Silly question but is the AVCHD Patcher only meant to be used for BD5/BD9's? Or can it be used for BD25 media aswell?
    Never burn a BD disc without first patching the files. It does not hurt anything, regardless of the size of your target disc, and makes sure it is compatible with all players once burned.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is there *any* program that will convert a BD to DVD9 with complete menus & extras WITHOUT using h264? My DVD players will not play h264. I want a simple DVD9 (I've been given some BDs and have nothing to play them on, but have a friend who has a BD player on his system).

Thanks. I would think that, if BDRebuilder is *so* close, being able to choose between h264 & MPEG2 codecs shouldn't be that difficult to incorporate.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by wulf109 View Post
    BD Rebuilder doesn't work with HD-DVD files,use Ripbot it does work on HD-DVD files.
    Hi!

What is Problem?

Component 'MSCOMCTL.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered. A file is missing or invalid
    Quote Quote