FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    miteno

Did you try Ripbot?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No I was ripping the BD (Wall-E) with AnyDVD.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ok this is the second time I've tried bd rebuilder and it simply hangs.

I first used version 17.13 last night. It went through the collecting video information stage and then I let it sit overnight. Nothing happened. It made the working files directory with a 1gig of audio data. However it did not process anything.

I have a dual core amd 2.7ghz processor. I didn't expect it to be all done in 8 hours on a dual core but I would have expected it to do SOMETHING. FYI I am running vista premium and it does work apparently so I don't think its a Vista issue - otherwise the program wouldn't start right?

I downloaded version 18.7 and I'm going through the same issue. It is just hanging after it starts the collecting video information stage.

Here is my process before getting to this point:

I ripped a hd-dvd with anydvd hd. I then took evodemux to get the h264 avc stream and the ac3 audio. In tsmuxer I muxed it to a bluray disc structure. Here I changed it to 24000 fps instead of 30, and removed the pulldown. I did get a mistiming error report but the muxing finished. I ended up getting a 22gb folder in a bluray layout after the muxing. This is what I used as the target source for bdrebuilder. I also chose movie only mode.

Am I missing something here? I do understand it will take awhile to process but shouldn't there be some progress and not simply hang? FYI its not really hanging per se because I can close it and I don't have a "not responding" error message. But it is simply not doing anything.

Now there was a previous poster who said it took him 3 days to process with bd rebuilder. Could it be I will be in this same situation with the current release of bd rebuilder and its simply taking hours to BEGIN processing?

I've tried ripbot a few times but I keep getting errors or files that don't work on the ps3. Last night I even had it finish but no apparent output file was created.

It seems like for me personally until I buy a bluray burner it's just not there yet for bluray conversion like dvd is. So either I'm going to wait for bluray burners to drop to a reasonable price (forget media prices that will take longer but you need the hardware first) or I need this conversion process to come along further before I can do this properly.

Are there any alternatives to ripbot or bdrebuilder at this point? I'd really like a true bluray shrink version of dvd shrink. I appreciate what bdrebuilder is trying to accomplish and it seems like that is the desired goal but it is just too early in the beta stage for realiable results for all users apparently.

EDIT - I'm gonna try xvid4psp again. I want a hd compressed file to preserve the high def of the hd-dvd but small enough to fit on a dvd and play on a ps3. I think I do remember someone saying they got a 4gb mp4 to play on a ps3 but no surroudn I think. I just want something that works. I'd love surround sound of course. I might still try high def divx or xvid as long as they support 5.1 ac3 and don't have a 4gb limit.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ripbot in my expierence is a lot more stable than BD Rebiulder. Ripbot requires some additional programs to be installed,are you sure you have them. I can't remember Ripbot failing on me,but BD Rebiulder is 50/50 at best.
    The HD-DVD movie your converting,does it use VC-1 or AVC video. Some HD-DVD's use AVC,the majority use VC-1.
    I've run into severe stutter problems with AVC encoded disks. I find that TSmuxer is not stable,but there's really no alternative. You might try TSremux. Try using 264info to remove pulldown and other operations,again TSmuxer does not do a good job on removing pulldown.
    Also Ripbot will load HD-DVD's directly,no need to convert to Blueray first.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @wulf109. Thanks. I might give ripbot another try.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    why didnt BD_RB convert audio dts to ac3 i thought it convert it to ac3 but its still dts
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    very nice, retains quality like a charm, i am impressed.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello!

If I want to make a backup (50 gb blu-ray to 25 gb BD-R) - only from the movie - so I have two possibilities:

- BD-Rebuilder
    - Ripbot

Is that correct?

With BD-Rebuilder - do I have the same quality as on the BD? Which quality settings do I have to setup?

I can also rip the complete BD with AnyDVD HD but how can I select the movie and make "my own" BD-R with the movie only?

Thanks.

Udo
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Interestingly enough, my Blu-ray movie burned to a DVD-5 can play both on my Blu-ray player and HD-DVD player, yet not on my SD DVD player. Why can it play on both HD and Blu-ray players? I don't see the logic.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Stop,your saying that you burned Blueray to a standard DVD and it plays on your standalone HD-DVD player?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @wulf109
    Yes, my Blu-ray burned to a SD DVD-5 plays on both Blu-ray player and HD-DVD player.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Please explain why when I put a blueray burned on a DVD-R my HD-DVD player says "Not in DVD format cannot play"
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @wulf109
    I am using Xbox Hd-Dvd player, connected to my computer(via usb), connected to my HDTV(via HDMI), software Cyberlink PowerDvd 8.0, and it plays. Explained?
    My Blu-Ray player is internal on my computer, and it also plays the the DVD-5(Sony DVD+R).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have an X-box HD-DVD player hooked up to my computer using PowerDVD 8 and that will play a DVD with Blueray content. Your original post seemed to suggest it would work on a standalone. My standard DVD-rom computerv drive will also play it. None of that is new. Again your original post seemed to suggest it would work with a standalone.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @wulf109
    I was never trying to imply a standalone; however, my question is this, will this disc play on a standalone blu-ray drive. I do not have one to test, everything is connected on and through my laptop. The mystery is this, dvd's are file extension .vob, hd-dvds are .evo, and blu-ray are .m2ts. My question again is why can this be played on anything other than a Blu-ray player if the file format is strictly for a blu-ray player. The HD-DVD player does not recognize a normal blu-ray disc only this revision of the dvd+r image of the blu-ray. Anomaly?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hey when i start bd rebuilder i get a message error in attempt to multiplex failed to build structure aborted has any one come across that and have any ideas on how to i can get it to work
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by UdoG
    Hello!

If I want to make a backup (50 gb blu-ray to 25 gb BD-R) - only from the movie - so I have two possibilities:

- BD-Rebuilder
    - Ripbot

Is that correct?

With BD-Rebuilder - do I have the same quality as on the BD? Which quality settings do I have to setup?

I can also rip the complete BD with AnyDVD HD but how can I select the movie and make "my own" BD-R with the movie only?

Thanks.

Udo
    BD-Rebuilder same quality as original. Choose BD-r 25, High quality(default) or Highest quality (slow encoding........Either way the final product will surprise you.Very good indeed.Also, choose Movie only.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rflores
    hey when i start bd rebuilder i get a message error in attempt to multiplex failed to build structure aborted has any one come across that and have any ideas on how to i can get it to work
    Only with version 18.07.Try 18.04 that worked for me.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok the blu-ray to dvd-5 seemed to be good, but only when playing on my computer. when i played it on the ps3, it was so choppy i just had to eject it, any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by frozeninsane
    ok the blu-ray to dvd-5 seemed to be good, but only when playing on my computer. when i played it on the ps3, it was so choppy i just had to eject it, any ideas?
    Which version of rebuilder did you use.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by Lawbringer
    Anyways, here's what I did that ended up fixing the problem:

- Opened up the *.AVS.264 file from the WORKFILES directory (created by BD-RB) in H264info
    - checked the "Remove pulldown" checkbox
    - ran H264info and created a new file, *_NoPulldown.AVS.264
    - opened up TSMuxer GUI
    - added the newly-created no-pulldown 264 file, and the *.AC3 file from the WORKFILES directory (created by BD-RB)
    - selected the "Create Blu-ray Disc" option and ran it
    - burned the resulting folders to a DVD+RW using ImgBurn with UDF 2.50

Hope this helps.
    Are you sure you need to use H264info to remove the pulldown? jdobbs questioned this at doom9.org, so I manually rebuilt three BD9 movie only backups that skipped on the PS3 when rebuilt using the latest version of BD-Rebuilder. I skipped the H264info steps. Using the unmodified AVS.264 file(s) from the WORKFILES directory created by BD-Rebuilder, I was able to create disks that played back on the PS3 without skipping.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just wanted to let everyone know that I downloaded the newest build of BD Rebuilder yesterday (0.18.08 Beta) and compressed Pirates of the Caribbean to a DVD9. I'd been receiving stuttering PS3 playback with version 0.18.07 Beta, but the new version worked perfectly! I only had time to spot check it this morning, but I couldn't find any stuttering. Great job, jdobbs!
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    just wanted to say I used ripbot 1.12 and used imgburn 2.4.2, and had no skips when played on the ps3... and on iron man previously used with bd rebuilder it cut the ending credits, while the latter did not. I will stick with ripbot.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    bd-rebuilder been working fine but all sudden now it stop working when it gets to reencoding the audio at the end it says (wavi.exe has stopped working) can somebody tell me what that is and how can i fix it...wish bd-rebuilder reencode audio fist so i dont have to wait all way at the end to find out it cant reencode the audio
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by str8from228
    bd-rebuilder been working fine but all sudden now it stop working when it gets to reencoding the audio at the end it says (wavi.exe has stopped working) can somebody tell me what that is and how can i fix it...wish bd-rebuilder reencode audio fist so i dont have to wait all way at the end to find out it cant reencode the audio
    Please include version of BDrebuilder,and also remember this program it's still a Beta.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am new to this forum and have a problem. I tried to do a rebuild of the movie only on WANTED bluray. I ripped the disc to the hard drive and everything was fine, the folder was 40.1gb in size. i used bd_rebuilder to reencode the movie only. it took 6 hours and i didnt get any errors, however when i looked at the wanted folder in my temporary directory, it was only 2.1gb in size instead of the 23 gb i was expecting. i have all the necessary programs loaded. does anyone know why this may have happened? i tried to play the m2ts file using windows media player 11 and all i got was audio. is it possible that it took 6 hours and only the audio got reencoded correctly? thanks for any help. the log file shows everything was done successfully with no errors.
    also, i did not load haali media splitter. the bdrebuilder page didnt say that it needed this program, but baldrick says you do. what is the case. is it a typo on the download page, and haali media splitter is really needed? i think my problem may be in ffdshow setup because i cannot play the regular mt2s file in the ripped bluray using the ffdshow codecs. i get sound but no video.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    u need haali media splitter buddy, and you may also want to redownload the ffdshow codecs, if you only get audio, but your file size should be around 4.37 gigs, depending on what you select as your media
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    oh and also play the m2ts file with media player classic...
    Quote Quote  
  29. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    bd-builder 1906 is tight instead of the new option where u can check 1080p to 720p hope he change it n just make 1 option to resize to 1080p and another option to resize to 720p cuz i got some mkv movies that in weird sizes and i mux it to blu ray than use bd-rebuilder with and without the 1080p to 720p option but it was still the original size.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search PM
    About BD Rebuilder v0.19.06
    I appreciate the effort , but the only thing that this "shit" can shrink is my happy time...!
    What happened with the audio by the way?
    Quote Quote