VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey first post I really hope someone can help!

I have been watching Japanese Region 2 DVDs on my computer for almost 2 years now. Since the majority of Jp Region 2 DVDs have no subtitles I have been playing .srt or .ass subtitle files over the DVD using Media Player Clasic and VSFilter on my computer. For the time being it’s worked perfectly, and it’s all looked great! I can display my subtitles using any type of color or font that I want, and of course the best part is that I add my own subtitles to these DVDs that everyone complains lack subtitles.

Now that we switched to Blu-Ray I figure I could easily be doing the same thing. Media Player Classic just uses my Cyberlink Power DVD 7 for DVD playback, so I figured the same would apply when I upgraded to Blu-Ray. Well for Christmas I just got a Blu-Ray Drive for my PC and a bunch of new Blu-Ray Disks from Japan. Eager to test it out I quickly unwrapped and installed everything. Opened up a Blu-Ray disk and it plays fine using the new Power DVD that came with the player but now Media Player Classic WON’T play Blu-Rays.

So right now I’m screwed and I’m really pissed off. Can somebody please help me or direct me to a program that will allow me to load external subtitles while playing a Blu-Ray?
    Is there anyway to load VSFilter with Power DVD?
    Programs I’ve been hearing about just in that past few hours of scouring the internet for help are Zoom Player and ANYDVD HD would either of these programs help?
    I just sunk a lot of money into upgrading and to find out it was all a HUGE waste of money is going to be awful!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you have installed ffdshow you might be able to play the m2ts from the blu-ray disc(in the bdmv\stream and the biggest m2ts file) using media player classic or media player classic home cinema. But I don't know if you will be able to choose audio tracks.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well I have ffdshow and everything that comes with CCCP but the blu-ray drive is just a player. (LG GGC-H20L Blu-ray/HD combo) So I can't burn the disks so would there bew anyway to even access the m2ts??

Just playing it with any kind of sound would be fine with me. As long as I can get those subtitles. I just have the stereo speakers on my HDTV right now so I wouldnt even really be taking advantage of the higher bitrate tracks anyway. ( theres only one language tracks on these disks)
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok so I installed the Any HD and I was able to get the mt2 files to play in Media player classic with my subtitles!

But theres no sound!!

Im so close so if theres anyway you can help please do!!

Thanks!
    Quote Quote