VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    is there any way to make the subtitles appear sooner or later if they are not in sync?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Yep, under View->Options->Subtitles and set the delay. Or if you are using vsfilter under Play->Filters->VSFilter while you play the movie.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, but it won't work. Here's my setup: another .srt file with the same name as the video. when i go to options->subtitles and enter anything for delay, even 10,000ms, it's still in the same exact out of sync time position it was before, not ten second later. and you can't put a negative value in that field so that the subtitles appear earlier? that's stupid.
    can you help me?
    thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i use klite codec pack, so i solved this by clicking on the directvobsub icon in the tray area (green arrow), then clicking on "DirectVobSub (Auto-loading Version), going over to the Timing tab, and put subtitle timing in the negative until it was in sync again
    so its all good, thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    oh lol. thanks baldrick!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Hi all (should somebody see this)
    My green arrow is not at the tray but here:-> see attachment.
    However, changes there doesnt affect my subs - maybe because Im using mpc home cinema.
    Any ideas?
    I love mpc because its easyly managable full screen size wise and amonge other things.
    I did manage to find adequate subs through the internal subs finder but not to all movies so I do need to fix the sync.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DirectVovSub.JPG
Views:	86360
Size:	185.3 KB
ID:	4279  

Quote Quote  
  7. Here's the solution:

PRESS F1 or F2 while playing the video to increase or decrease the actual subtitle delay.

The field "Delay Interval" is how much the delay will be INCREMENTED, so leave to 500ms.

Quote Quote