VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Am using The KMPlayer. I've recently upgraded to a 24 inch monitor(1920x1200 resolution), and low quality(non hd) movies and so forth, is starting to look rather ugly when i watch in fullscreen mode. So am wondering if there is anything i can do with the player to enhance the video quality?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well if the quality ain't there to begin with, probably not. You might get a better looking picture using some kind of 'soften' or 'blur' and you might be able to adjust the standard stuff like brightness, contrast, gamma, etc. But in the end those steps only mask the lack of quality.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Under Video (Advanced) try turning on Post Processing and aWarpSharp to see if it helps, however the bottom line is very succinctly covered in this simple rule : Garbage In, Garbage Out. Your videos are crap (sorry, but they are, in the big picture scheme of things - pun intended) and there is very little you can do in the way of improvement. You may find the issues aren't as obvious if you simply double the playback screen, instead of running it at full screen.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Aside from what's already covered above, you are likely sitting too close to your monitor. At least for video playback in full screen. Viewing distance for watching video/TV is measured in feet. For a 24" screen, about 6-10'. Even HD content will benefit from you backing away from your monitor.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  5. 6-10 feet? You sure about that?
    Quote Quote