VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I am sure if I searched a little longer I could have found a thread for this on my own but its been a long month and I am opting for the easy way out by just asking...so please be kind

I have quite a few music video dvd's that I would like to rip all the individual songs from.
    I am not concerned about making the file sizes any smaller so straight to .vob or .mpg would be fine...I would rather keep the quality. I am assuming that would be the best format for this.

Also, can video files be ID tagged like MP3's?

Thanks,
    Andy
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    DVD Decrypter and rip by track or chapter or use DVD Shrink in the reauthoring mode to cut out the clips.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Get a program like Express Rip and convert to your desired format.
    Sorry-though you were alluding to CD's not DVD's
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick
    DVD Decrypter and rip by track or chapter or use DVD Shrink in the reauthoring mode to cut out the clips.
    Thank You!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, question here.

I ripped 4 dvd's so far.
    They all play fine as .vobs if I use VLC player.
    However If I try to use MPC then only the videos from 1 of the DVD's plays. The others just sit there like it is paused. If I click on the progress bar it will jump to that part of the video but will not play.

Any idea what can be causing this?

on another unrelated topic. When playing these songs in VLC it displays the incorrect time for the file. For example one of the videos is 3:12 long and displays on the bottom as 2:19. I timed the song and the time on VLC does not agree with the correct time???
    Quote Quote