VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey Everyone,

Newbie at this so please bear with me. I have been attempting to use RipBot to backup a couple of my Blu-Ray movies and I keep encountering the same problem. Once I click on the video load and select the structure and click OK, RipBot begins analyzing and then begins the demuxing selected streams process, this is where my problem is, it never gets past 15%, I have left it for over an hour running and no increase in % complete. I have all the latest software required and have attempted to load directly from the disc after using Anydvd and straight from the HD after ripping the dvd. Has anyone had this issue occur or does anyone know a solution to this.

I have also tried Megui, but whenever I attempt to load the source file after clicking it and hitting the load button, I receive an error message stating "Megui has stopped working and will now close".

I have searched many threads so far but no luck. I would appreciate all the help you can provide, thanks in advance for the support.

Thanks,
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can try using tsMuxeR GUI. It's in the RipBot folder under 'Tools'. Select the main movie from your ripped file and your desired audio track, disable the rest. The click the 'Start Muxing' button. It will take a while, but you should end up with a single .ts file. Open that in RipBot, then encode.

If none of this works, there's likely a problem with the file or the BD disc. I assume you have the newest version of RipBot and AnyDVD? I have ran into a couple of BD discs that seem to have problems, but they usually fail during encoding, not analyzing.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the reply redwudz,

I ran tsMuxer and ended up with one single .ts file, I then opened ripbot and clicked add under the video selection and chose the .ts file I just created, (is this where I am supposed to open), once I select the file ripbot does nothing, I have left it sitting for over 10 mins but no luck. It doesn't freeze because I can still click abort. Any other suggestions?

I have the updated versions for both Anydvd and ripbot.

Thanks again for the help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by vrblkent
    I have left it sitting for over 10 mins but no luck. It doesn't freeze because I can still click abort. Any other suggestions?
    Wait longer. Do what you did again and wait. I have to wait about a half hour for it to finish after selecting the streams I want. then I can choose the compression settings.

I have a dual core amd. I am assuming that q is for quad core on your intel processor. You might only need to wait 15 minutes instead of my 30 minutes.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Yoda for the reply.

I did wait and it did process. It was successful for pass 1 and 2. I saved it in a mkv. format. Once complete I attempted to load through different video players but had no luck. Please see below for errors received.

Windows Media Player:
    Error # C00D11B1 Cannot Play file

Windows Media Player Classic:
    Error cannot render the file

Zoom Player:
    Error missing filters filter conflicts or hardware related issues

Anyone have any suggestions for this.

Thanks for the help.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try VLC media player or MPC-HC player. I am also able to play MKV discs with Zoom Player WMV pro V5.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by vrbiket
    Thanks Yoda for the reply.

I did wait and it did process. It was successful for pass 1 and 2. I saved it in a mkv. format. Once complete I attempted to load through different video players but had no luck. Please see below for errors received.
    YO'u're welcome. I had some help with ripbot from deadrats in another thread I had about the subject (albeit from a hd-dvd source not bluray in my case).
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Redwudz,

VLC player worked and the file played through to the end. I treid both MPC-HC and Zoom Player Pro and received the same errors as I listed above. Do you have any suggestions, even though VLC worked I did not like the interface. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all your help.
    Quote Quote