VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, im writing here to ask professional guidance on burning a DVD on my Mac

Just recently, one of my friend gave me a VIDEO_TS Folder which i don't really like leaving it on my computer (it takes up quite some space)

SO i got Toast Titanium but the problem is when i try to Burn the Movie in the selection of VIDEO_TS Folder, it appeared a weird error saying that the Folder im trying to burn has a CSS encryption and that Toast is not allowed to burn and stuff like that.

And following on some of the forum's suggestion, to burn it through (UDF) and to create an extra AUDIO_TS folder, but at the end after the disc is burnt, the verification process shows an error saying Sector 0 is Unreadable, Verification Failed, So i decided not to verify but surprisingly, there wasn't anything written on my disc!!!

im somehow out of ideas on how to burn this on my DVD+RW disc....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by bguguen

Just recently, one of my friend gave me a VIDEO_TS Folder which i don't really like leaving it on my computer (it takes up quite some space)

SO i got Toast Titanium but the problem is when i try to Burn the Movie in the selection of VIDEO_TS Folder, it appeared a weird error saying that the Folder im trying to burn has a CSS encryption and that Toast is not allowed to burn and stuff like that.

And following on some of the forum's suggestion, to burn it through (UDF) and to create an extra AUDIO_TS folder, but at the end after the disc is burnt, the verification process shows an error saying Sector 0 is Unreadable, Verification Failed, So i decided not to verify but surprisingly, there wasn't anything written on my disc!!!

Use ImgBurn to burn the VIDEO_TS folder to a DVD...

When you open ImgBurn, choose MODE > BUILD. Then, choose FOLDER, point ImgBurn to VIDEO_TS folder, then click OK. Hit the CALCULATE button, to make sure that it is the correct size to fit on the media you are using, then click the burn button, and you are good to go...
    "Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven" ~ JOHN MILTON, PARADISE LOST
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by HmNtr
    Originally Posted by bguguen

Use ImgBurn to burn the VIDEO_TS folder to a DVD...

When you open ImgBurn, choose MODE > BUILD. Then, choose FOLDER, point ImgBurn to VIDEO_TS folder, then click OK. Hit the CALCULATE button, to make sure that it is the correct size to fit on the media you are using, then click the burn button, and you are good to go...
    Mate, is there any software for Mac OS X??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If your "friend" incorrectly ripped a protected DVD and left the CSS in place then nothing will burn it as your cannot burn CSS encrypted material. You will have to remove the protection first, which is difficult. You may be able to turn the folder into an ISO image of a DVD, mount it as a virtual drive, then re-rip it.

Of course it may not be protected at all, in which case it is probably just poorly ripped and should be binned.

Go back to your "friend" and have him burn you a copy himself, or rip you a decent copy.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    bguguen, it would be helpful if your filled out your computer details so we wouldn't have to guess what OS you are using.

I'll move you to our Mac Forum where you may get more Mac specific advice.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sometimes Toast incorrectly messages that it finds encryption when there is none. I don't know what triggers it, but I believe it only finds that in Video mode.

Try to burn as a DATA disc, format DVD-ROM (UDF), with a proper disc title (ALL_CAPS_NO_SPACES), adding your VIDEO_TS folder and adding an empty AUDIO_TS folder. I'm pretty sure it won't complain about encryption then.

It still could be a bad rip, though, which may cause playback issues. To test it without wasting a disc, in Toast, save as disc image. Mount that image as a virtual disc. Play the virtual disc with Apple DVD Player, which is much more strict that VLC, and will likely show the same errors as a set top box, if any.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Case, I have a similar problem and I'd like to try your suggestion. I have burned a movie as a data disc before but I've forgotten how to do that. Would you mind posting some simple instructions?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    We have since found that the false indication of encrypted content is triggered by the use of "[" and "]" characters in the folder and file names. Simply avoiding those should prevent the message.

Originally Posted by Mark-Leon
    I have a similar problem and I'd like to try your suggestion. I have burned a movie as a data disc before but I've forgotten how to do that. Would you mind posting some simple instructions?
    The exact wording may depend on your version of Toast. Set Toast to burn a Data disc. Select the DVD-ROM (UDF) file system. Drag files and folder onto the Toast window; i.e. the VIDEO_TS folder and AUDIO_TS folder. Remove any ".DS_Store" file from the list. Name your disc. Save as Disc Image or Burn.
    Quote Quote