VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does anyone know if there is a way to change audio tracks within the PS3? Some m2ts files that I stream from my pc have multiple audio tracks and play in different language. I've tried muxing and only keeping the DTS HD track but after doing this I get no audio at all.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You should be able to cycle through the audio tracks using the audio option. If not, simply change the default audio stream in the files themselves.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How does one go about that?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The audio options are in the PS3 setup menu.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  5. What are you using to stream the video to the PS3?? I use Tversity and I'm not sure how you would switch the audio being streamed or if it can be done when you have multiple audio tracks. I usually use a program called TsMuxer to remove all the extra language files and the extras and then remux just the video and the audio track I want to keep. The PS3 can't handle the DTS track at this time and it will have to be converted to AC3. There is a program called eac3to which will extract the video streams and convert the audio for you. If the video stream is VC-1 then that is a whole different ball of wax. It will need to be converted to AVCHD. This requires a lot of time and computer processing power. Look for a faq explaining how to do this. I myself use MeGui. Use TsMuxer to determine which video and audio is packaged into the movie. Just select the biggest file within in the STREAM folder on the Blu-ray.

I would also suggest that you purchase a program called AnyDVD HD from slysoft before the end of the year for life-time upgrades. After the New Year a yearly license will have to be purchased to keep the program up to date. It will allow you to backup the blu-ray to your harddrive.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm using tversity to stream to ps3 and yes it does eem to be that the ps3 doesnt like dts audio.. which is weird, I thought the ps3 firmware updates had given it support for dts-hd /ma, truehd something or other.. anyway i looked at eac3to and havent got a clue how to use it.
    Quote Quote