VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    As the subject says, I am trying to serve to a PS3 via wireless. The PS3 is running the latest firmware (2.53 at this time), and I am running the latest TVersity (1.0.0.8 as I write this).

So far I have

Created a port forwarding rule for the media server port on the wireless router
    Created a rule in Comodo for the media server for my home IP range and the port in question
    Connected successfully to the wireless router with the PS3, and downloaded files from the internet
    Set up PS3mediaserver and successfully connected from the PC to the PS3
    Successfully connected to TVersity via the web browser on a laptop connected to the wireless router, and via the PS3 web browser

However no matter what I do, I cannot get the PS3 to detect the presence of TVersity as a valid media server on the network.

Any suggestions ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey guns1slinger, I normally get on the site to see what great advise/tips/help, you give to many, so thanks for that and all else that contribute..I remember having the same issue with Tversity ,while trying to set it up for streaming to my PS3 and Xbox 360, and I just followed this guide,double checked my settings,changed from Auto detect device to PS3 in general settings,and it worked...
    Also from time to time ,on first firing up TVersity ,I'll check the icon,and if it's grey in color (it should be blue), then I'll right click icon> start sharing or sometimes Re-start sharing ,so the device(s) pick it up... Hope it helps,Good luck!
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/stream_video_xbox_360_tversity_page_2.cfm
    " Who needs Google, my wife knows everything"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, but I had covered off all of those things. The on thing I had not done, and had deliberately avoided because many things I have read made me distrustful, was to turn on UPnP in the router. The moment I turned it on, up came TVersity (I didn't even have to look for it). So there you go.

Edit : Actually, it wasn't UPnP - I had to actually tell TVersity which adapter to use. I have a loopback adapter installed for software licensing purposes, as well as a standard NIC. I had to tell TVersity explicitly to use the NIC before the PS3 would see it.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote