I wanted to see if I could use Audacity to join two 3 minute mp3 files. From their website:
The problem is that there is a step missing. After doing step 6, you will see something like this (see screenshot).Follow these steps to splice two files together:
1. Import both files into Audacity.
2. Select the second one by clicking on its label (the area around the mute/solo buttons).
3. Choose “Find Zero Crossings” from the Edit menu.
4. Choose “Cut” from the Edit menu.
5. Place the cursor by clicking in the first track, after the end of the audio.
6. Choose “Paste” from the Edit menu.
7. Use the Export command (in the File menu) to save it as a sound file.
So before doing step 7, You must still click on its label (the area around the mute/solo buttons) to highlight the entire joined file, otherwise you will only save the second part of the file.
Another thing I don't understand is that it takes a long time to save (Export command) the file. It seems like the software is recoding or something. There are other mp3 joiner softwares (like MP3 Splitter & Joiner) that will join and save the same above file in just a few seconds.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
Originally Posted by jimdagys
If you just want to cut and paste MP3, use MP3DirectCut, which works with MP3 natively.