VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. When I use M2 Edit 4.0 to edit a VBR SVCD, the split pieces end up larger than the original movie size. Does M2 Edit handle VBR files, and if so, what settings am I missing to get my video split right for multiple CD's? I want the frame accuracy of M2 Edit, but am forced to use TMPGEnc to split my SVCD's.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Unfortunately I don't have the answer to your question as I too am trying to master m2-edit pro. I am getting stuck editing VBR files in the first place --it locks up at the end of the file?? although I can tell you that with the VBR MPEg-1's I've tried, the filesize shrunk proportionately to the stuff i cut out. maybe between the two of us (only users of Mp2-edit pro it seems ) we could figure it out.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I use an earlier version of m2-edit but the same thing happens with vbr. I have found that if i edit in m2-edit and then demux/mux in mpeg2vcr (womble) then the file size is back to normal. also using mpeg2vcr allows you to save the mux as an svcd progran stream which is important for many dvd players as it relates to playback. also you might try to demux/mux your m2-edit cuts in tmpg if you do not own mpeg2vcr.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Hi all. I'm a honest-to-gosh newbie with a fresh copy of M2-edit Pro on my disk. I want to use the darned thing but can't figure out how for the life of me.

For example, I tried to run the sample EDL setup and can't find the sports files I'm supposed to use. Not surprisingly, I've had zero luck trying to set up an EDL of my own with the files I want to use. The help file tells what I should be doing, but not where to go to find the things I need.

I can't seem to get my video or audio file to load. It just hangs there on video, and I get an error saying real time something wasn't found on the audio, so the "internal player" is being used - but nothing happens. Again, it just hangs there and never actually completes the operation.

Will someone please help me get started?

TIA
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    I am making progress with M2-edit. After reading the entire help file word-for-word, it finally dawned on me I had selected "No" when the install asked if I wanted to install the required version of DirectShow and DirectX. I said no originally because I'm running XP and figured I had everything I needed. I guess I didn't because when I uninstalled and reinstalled the program, everything worked just like it should. I can open files in Navigator and drop-and-drag them into Composer - and, best of all, everything saves as an EDL.

I'm learning by trial and error, of course, but I'm really encouraged by the past 24 hours' results.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried the VBR editing in m2-edit this weekend. The resultrs were less than encouraging. After half way through the clip it stopped playing and would only do freeze frames. Also I got the larger file thing too which is a real mystery, I mean how could it end up with more information after taking 20% out?? I'll try that demux/mux thing later but that sounds like a time consuming process. Anyone figure out any settings that edit VBR's better? or better prog for that matter? (don't suggest tmpgenc--that prog is a lousy editor)
    Quote Quote  
  7. Unregister the Elecard Filter mpeg2dmx.ax found in the lib directory of M2edit.

Then when u open an mpeg2 file in M2edit, it will say can't find codec, use internal codec.
    Goto Options and disable default MPEG2 codec (uncheck MPEG-2 Program option).
    Now it will open and edit mpeg2 files using your windows default mpeg2 codec. (Don't install Ligos, just install say, PowerDVD)

Now the mpeg2 files will be pretty much insync.

I have been using M2edit with this no default codec option to edit my ATI TV caps (MPEG2) and now the edited mpeg is like 1/2 or 1 frames out towards the end, but it is very close. At least not like 1000s of frames out...

Hope this helps.

REi
    Quote Quote