VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I searched the internet and also this site but I haven't been able to find solutions to what I'm trying to do. If the experts know how to do the following, a guide would be appreciated. I've been trying to work on this off an on since Sept. 08.

I need to create a multiple language dvd, preferable using Gui for DVDAuthor. What I'm trying to do is to create a DVD that will give the option to select your preferred language on the startup menu. Such as, the options may be English or Spanish on the opening menu screen. When the user clicks on the language they want, it will go to that language's submenu(s).

That part is easy enough. However, the tricky part is using only one video file but different audio files to go along with it. Such as, if you click on Spanish on the opening menu, it goes to the Spanish language submenu where all of the text is in Spanish. When they click on the video to view, it automatically plays the video with the Spanish audio track. When you press the menu button on your remote, it will then go to that same languages submenu.

If they were to choose the English option on the opening menu, it would go to the English submenu(s) where all of the options are in English and the video will automatically play with the English audio track and return to that same submenu when you press the menu button on the remote.

I've tried to do this but have had no luck getting it to jump to the correct audio track with the one video file and it always wants to go to the main menu when you press the menu button on your remote.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i cant speak for Gui for DVDAuthor but you can do that easily with DVD LAB PRO, theres an extensive help section on their site, you can customize every "click" on the menus and the actions for eh clicks on the remote.

you can grab a 30 day fully functional demo from their site

for the menus you have to create different menus for each language and then link them according to the buttons on the menus, the "press the menu button on the remote in the english video goes to english menu" can be done "easily" done with DVD LAB PRO, its kind of "point and click".
    I love it when a plan comes together!
    Quote Quote  
  3. It can be done with GfD too. Could you please tell me how far you got already, and where precisely the problems are. If possible, post your current project file and something like a flow chart of your intended menu structure.
    Quote Quote