VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have Quicktime, Realplayer, Flash player, Adobe Reader, Outlook Email Client, and other plugins installed on my computer. I presently have IE 6 installed. When I change to Foxfire, will Foxfire use these plugins, or does it have its own version of them?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It somewhat depends on whether you make FF3 your default browser; in the sense of whether you'll need all of these.

Under Tools>AddOns you will find helpful utilities for handling all the 3rd party accessories.

One I recommend is IE Tab, it opens Explorer inside a Firefox tab. There are a lot of other incredible plugins, add-ons, and themes tho- have fun!
    Quote Quote  
  3. You'll need to install Flash, Shockwave, Quicktime, and maybe Realplayer for Firefox. I'm not sure on the last one. No one really uses Realplayer if they can help it. I'm fairly certain it should pick up Adobe Reader without a problem. There is no built in link to Outlook in Firefox, but it will interface with it fine if that is your chosen email client. Click a mailto link in FF and it'll launch it in Outlook.

Also, must have extensions IMO.
    AdBlock Plus (subscribe to easylist)
    NoScript (I you want more security. Comes at the cost of some user annoyance at times)
    Linkification
    IE Tab
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Go ahead and change to FF. It is a MUCH better browser. It runs all the programs that you mention. The only problem that I have with it is that it doesn't stream Windows Media Player files (blame MS for this). FF2 would run it with a plugin, but FF3 doesn't have a newer, FF3 compatable one. I have work-arounds for sites that I want to stream.

The ability to customize the look and feel of FF3 is pretty nifty. I really like the plugin "FireGestures".
    ICBM target coordinates:
    26° 14' 10.16"N -- 80° 16' 0.91"W
    Quote Quote