VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi i'm interested to make Blu ray disk HD . I download a movie i thing it's HD file like H-264-avc Mpeg4
    and this file mpeg4 i want to convert in blu ray disk. can you tell me how can i do this job ...which software
    or how can i make a blue ray disk HD.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can try tsmuxer and remux directly to a avchd/blu-ray and then burn it using imgburn.

Or if it wont work and you must reconvert it use ripbot264 and output as blu-ray disc.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Another person with a "special" MKV that wants to play it on his blu-ray player...

For the sake of others reading this, since you didn't encode it yourself, chances are you don't know what AVC settings have been used to create it. (Beggars... err, downloaders can't be choosers...)

Yes, blu-ray does play AVC. But like MPEG-2 with DvD, it has to be encoded a certain way otherwise it's not compliant.

You can remux, hack, etc and you may get lucky with the right file and player. But if it wasn't encoded with blu-ray specs, chances are it won't work, or it will stutter, glitch, or just play wrong at best.

If it doesn't work on your blu-ray player after TsMuxeR, as Baldrick said, then your only choice is re-encoding. RipBot264 and MeGUI are the two free apps that come to mind.

There are some hack tricks floating around the 'Net, particularly with using BDEdit, (do a search, I won't help you here) but they too are minor league and aren't any guarantee either. Only re-encoding with the right spec is a guarantee.
    I hate VHS. I always did.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Forgot to point out. If indeed you manage to "fix" this file and create the proper blu-ray structure using TsMuxeR (or even used BDedit) then you would need to burn onto a disc.

I recommend Imgburn (must be version 2.4 and above), like Baldrick mentioned. Here's how to burn a ready-made blu-ray structure onto a disc:

Tools -> Settings -> Write tab -> enable "DVD-RAM / BD-RE FastWrite"
    Click OK
    Now, in the intro interface, choose "Write files/folders to disc"
    Options tab -> select UDF -> 2.50
    I hate VHS. I always did.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks PuzZLer, this worked perfectly for me: you have no idea how much this helped me in my bluray troubles..

-vhelp 5057
    Quote Quote