VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello!

I’m running Windows XP SP3 on a Pentium IV - 2.5 Ghz CPU - 2Gb RAM system.

I'm getting a warning from Media Players when i open a video file, doesn't matter the type of file. The Warning pops up telling me (from KMplayer for instance):

"The Overlay mixer could be being used for another program… "
    In the same warning window it gives me 8 options to choose from: Default, VMR7, Haali's, VMR9, etc.

It doesn’t matter which one I select (VRM7 Haali’s,etc), my system hangs. The whole system gets like hell slow because The Media Player is sucking 100% of my CPU resources while it was like a charm before this.
    (I tried to choose “Old Renderer” option and it works for some file types like .DAT and some .MPGs)

I have only one Media Player opened. What is different from my hardware configuration compared to before (no problems) is that I'm using a new NVidia GForce 6200A 256MB PCI card. Is there a problem with this card or what?

I downloaded the latest NVidia drivers for my card, installed them and it shows no conflics on the system but I'm getting the same error.

Same is happening to me trying to use Windows Media Player.
    (If I use WinAmp media player everything runs fine.)
    I’d really appreciate any help.

Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So many possibilities....

1) Start with installing the latest version of DirectX 9.0c http://www.filehippo.com/download_directx/

2) Uninstall Haali. Reinstall. Do NOT choose the "use Haali to play AVIs" option during installation

3) Find location of Media Player Classic on your hard drive. Delete the .INI file in the same folder.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I reinstalled the Direct X, but still having the same problem. I noticed I cannot even play ENCARTA's animations. Any Video Player program just sucks the 100% of the CPU's recources and the hold system hangs. Any ideas what is going on here? Please, advise! Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks all for your help. Just FYI... Installing the Nvidia drivers 94.24 for my GeForce 6200 card did the trick. This card doesn't work properly with the drivers that come with the CD (93.71)
    Quote Quote