VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have an avi (see screenshot 1) that is not in English. I also have another of the same title mpeg1 (see screenshot 2) with poor video quality but has English. I want to delete the non English audio in the first avi and add the English audio from the second title. I already extracted the English audio using TmpGEnc Mpeg tools into mp2.
    My question is, how can I add this English audio to the first avi? Also, if there are audio sync issues, how can I stretch or shorten the audio a small amount before adding to the avi?

Quote Quote  
  2. Thanks for the info on AVIMux_GUI. That is quite some software. I might be able to do the complete job ( delete original audio track, add new audio track, add/subtract audio delay to sync audio). I will post back when I get my hands into it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I finished my task of replacing audio track in an avi movie with another audio track. I used AVIMux GUI no problem. First I used AVIMux_GUI to delete the Spanish audio from the avi. Then I used AVIMux GUI again to extract the English audio from another avi (same movie title but with poor video) . Then I used AVIMux GUI to put the English audio into the original avi. Of course the audio was not in sync. So I used DelayCut to get the beginning of the movie audio in sync, then used Audacity to speed up/slow down the audio track so that the audio at the end of the movie was also in sync.
    I do have one question:
    Audacity only allows you to speedup/slow down audio by a certain percentage, not by time. So it took a lot of trial and error to finally arrive at the correct amount of speed up to get the end of the movie audio in sync. My question is, is there a similar software that allows you to speed up/slow down the audio by entering a time value that you want the audio track to be shortened/lengthened?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jimdagys
    Audacity only allows you to speedup/slow down audio by a certain percentage, not by time. So it took a lot of trial and error to finally arrive at the correct amount of speed up to get the end of the movie audio in sync. My question is, is there a similar software that allows you to speed up/slow down the audio by entering a time value that you want the audio track to be shortened/lengthened?
    Not for free. Sound Forge works by % or length, and can show you the new length as you adjust the %. Vegas Pro lets you adjust the length on the timeline so you can match it to the video visually. Both are great pieces of software. Neither are free (or cheap, for that matter)
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In Audacity, is changing the tempo, by inserting a new time (instead of a percentage), not the same as lengthening the stream?

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jimdagys
    Audacity only allows you to speedup/slow down audio by a certain percentage, not by time.
    No. It can.
    Audacity Change Tempo filter lets you choose percent or duration.
    It preserves the tone while changing the speed.
    (NB: use the latest "beta 1.3.6" of Audacity, many improvements over the "stable 1.2".

Quote Quote