VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ah, I see. What HDD DVD recorder do you have? Thanks for the links and help. By the way I placed my order for the Magnavox and plan for it to arrive early next week.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't have one. I have a plain DVD recorder made by Panasonic that will soon be four years old. It still works pretty well, but I know it won't last forever. I have been looking at the Philips and Magnavox machines as possible replacements for myself and for a family member currently using a VCR.
    Quote Quote  
  3. This is TOTALLY possible. I just spent all day figuring it out and am none to happy with AT&T because they said it was impossible ... so I had to spend my time on it because they're idiots. Anyway, I found the answer in one of these forums, so now I am going back to all of them to help out. I know how frustrating it is!

I followed instructions that said to use the red, yellow and white AV cables. They should go "OUT" from your U-verse box and "IN" to your DVD recorder. Then set your DVD recorder to channel L1 (it could be I1, hard to tell).

Then someone else said to use the U-verse remote to go to Options/System Options/Aspect Ratio and change it to 4:3 standard definition. I did not do that because I don't have an HD TV and that is how mine already was set. (So I can't really attest to this step being necessary.)

Happy viewing!!!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Please I have a DVD/VHS recorder Magnavox MWR 20V6 which I've had it hooked up to A Uverse DVR b4 was able to record without a problem TV is HDD so is signal on TV but once goes thru Magnavox it is not which is fine with me I get a great picture no difference & I'm not interested in HDD features either I do not car to see the pimple on someones face or the terd in the grass LOL just want to record like I did b4. I had a very knowledgeable repair guy from Uverse come out & fix this for me but this time since I went back to UVerse they refuse to help. They are making it so difficult because now I have spent a lot of money to try & get this accomplished, with no help @ all from Uverse. I have less then 3 hours left on my DVR I've been trying for months to fix this problem now I can't even use the DVR the way I it's intended unless I want to erase all that I want on DVD. Can anyone help me I got a splitter & 3 coxial cables which I know it was not hooked up that way b4 they cost a pretty penny & this doesn't work anyway. I've got all the wires hooked up properly except for 1 or something because yes I can use the DVD to watch DVDS, I can watch the DVR & record on the DVR but I can't record on the DVD player can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong. I'm a little savy but not a whole heck of a lot.

Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Your post lacks some important information. First, what is the make and model number for your UVerse DVR? It may be necessary for someone to look at its operating instructions and available connections to help you with your problem. Second, you may not need splitter and coaxial may not be an ideal connection to use for your recorder. (I assume you mean you are using coaxial cables with an F type connector, like the one pictured below.)

[Edit]Also how is the DVD recorder connected to the UVerse DVR? Is the UVerse DVR connected to the TV, and if so what connection are you using? Are you seeing any error messages from the DVD recorder?
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 7th Sep 2013 at 15:10.
    Quote Quote