VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am working on a Christmas DVD and would greatly appreciate someones help!!!
    I am using DVD-lab Pro 2. I have a motion background with the words already set in the motion. I also have three animated buttons (They are rotating christmas wreaths). Next to each "title" in the motion background. The background behind each wreath is black. My plan was to draw a black rectangle around each wreath and set the "unseen" black rectangle as the button. I thought if I selected invisible selected the box would go away revealing the wreath underneath which would then look like the button though its actually just part of the motion background. Any way to do this? I assume I'm not setting the color buttons correctly...

Thanks
    Jeff

Any help would be greatly appreciated my wife is on my case to get this project done!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't think you can do it that easily. I have had a play, and basically you can't have a black button that turns on and off. I have had a play with all sorts of settings and cannot find a combination that works.

The best I can suggest is that you duplicate the menu a few times, add rectangles in all the combinations of on and off, and then create switched menus. Not complex, but time consuming.

You might also post at the MediaChance forums to see if someone there has a better solution.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the quick response as always.

I remember asking on the forum before about doing something similar and that was how the person suggested. I ran out of time and had to switch to something else so perhaps it wouldn't have worked anyway...

I've never been a fan of switched menus. They seem slow and you can't put music to them. I'll keep trying and let you know if I discover anything.

Jeff
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you use cells for your menu they are much faster, although music is still an issue, and it only really works well for still menus.

You could try putting a frame, rather than a solid block, over the items in question, then setting your button colours to black for unselected and clear for selected. Might work.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe this is what I was thinking of...
    http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/tutorial/inverse.html

Its invisible Normal not invisible selected!!

Thanks again. I already did it and it worked like a charm.
    Quote Quote  
  6. The problem with this is that once a button is selected and the player decides to play a title, all 8bits will disappear for a split second revealing all your underlying background. - Really ruins the effect....problem persist from player to player.
    Quote Quote