VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have two DVD's in my hard drive in separate folders, each with their respective "VIDEO_TS" folders. Both are playable in my PC with Cyberlink PowerDVD. When I try to burn either of those with Nero 7 Burning Rom to blank media (I use Verbatim) an error message displays right at the beginning of the burning process that says:"File 'VIDEO_TS.VOB' is not referenced and should not be present" immediately followed by "DVD-Video files reallocation failed". I'm given the option to continue the burning process but it warns that it might not be playable.I made the experiment of deleting the VIDEO_TS.VOB file from the VIDEO_TS folder and Nero does not warn anymore and tries to burn normally without any errors.
    Should I burn the DVD with the conflicting file in it or without it? In the end, will I end up with a playable DVD? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What i use to do in that case is use dvdshrink but i dropped nero a year ago after using imgburn which is far better for burning dvd.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are you burning as data or as dvd-video? That might be part of the problem. You should just burn as data if the video_ts has been properly authored. Then it should just drag and drop the files and burn without issues.

If you're burning in dvd-video mode it might not like the type of structure you have and is trying to tell you something.....
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  4. yoda, I'm burning as DVD-Video. I finally used FixVTS as suggested by this link and it solved the issue:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/524316
    Quote Quote