VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I hope someone can help:

I use a firewire camera, a SONY DCR-TRV310 Digital8 which i use solely to stream video to the internet with a flash based system similar to youtube quick capture, however i do this live.

i was using a USB driver for a capture device and it allowed for me to be able to adjust brightness/contrast/color/etc...

this method allowed for an OLD program the company i stream with used to be able to tweak video.
    this company does not support firewire and therefore i cannot adjust the video except for basic tweaks from within the camera.

question is this:

what sort of third party app can i get to adjust camera properties like color etc before using the camera for actual capture??

i have searched everywhere and cannot figure it out.

thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can use the exposure controls built into the camera. Some allow override of white balance for color tweak e.g. for daylight, incandescent, florescent, etc.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    is that it?
    I appreciate the answer but I thought the color etc was built into the driver and that deeper tweaks could be found.

the camera is lacking in regards to individual co trips it seems, but I will give it another look tonite.
    Quote Quote  
  4. You can adjust the incoming DV from your camcorder post-capture live and send it to your streaming software using our program live. It is what it is designed for - live processing of DV video coming in via FireWire and sending it to disk, another DV camcorder or other software. It has a special output that appears to other software like a DV camcorder.

It isn't exactly what you want to do (preprocess) but if you want to do that maintaining DV format it will cost you >$2000 for a hardware solution. But the processing is the same (post-camera) Or you can use the analog output, send it through an analog processor and reconvert to DV (or have an analog capture card). Again, this operates post-camera. Our software is very cost effective in comparison - especially if it is for personal use
    John Miller
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok. I am a total newbor when it comes to video...

this video is be g taken from the digital8 (essentially the same as dv) source and being fed as it were into a computer with a FireWire connection.
    imagine the camera is on and there is no tape in the camera at all.

I open a web browser and use an adobe flash based browser plugin to send the video from the camera straight out to the Internet.

the video is not being altered by anything... the old setup j used was a dazzle analog converter but that didn't work when my system changed to 64bit vista (incorrect and stretched aspect ratio) so I put that analog hi8 camera away and got out the digital8 with the FireWire, discarding the dazzle conversion entirely.

the OLD setup allowed me to use the USB based dazzle and a camera software program to adjust the colors of the camera before using the flash based app... these changes stuck and the colors remained when using the flash app.

now however the same program that recognized the first setup cannot (refuses to) recognize the dv camera.

if your software will be able to solve this I will give it a go...

quality isn't that huge an issue as the video streams are standard for the web at 320x240...
    Quote Quote  
  6. The deciding factor is the software you using to do the conversion for streaming. If it can supposedly connect to a live DV source via FireWire then it should (typically) see our software as if it were a DV source. In effect, our software is placed between the FireWire input and the streaming software.

The easiest way to tell is to install the software and then see if your streaming software sees an input called "Enosoft Virtual DV Source". If so, you should be good to go. It has been thoroughly tested on 64-bit Vista. Note, I say "should" because it all depends on your streaming software. BTW, have you installed any Nero, Roxio or Pinnacle software? - these are notorious for screwing up other software when it comes to connecting to DV camcorders.

Here's an illustration of how our software would fit into your workflow:

http://www.enosoft.net/products/enodvproc/images/Live%20Processing%20Schematic.gif

In your case, the "DV video recorder" would be your streaming software.

We have clients who use it to stream live video in WMV format after correcting the video, adding logos etc (by feeding Windows Media Encoder).
    John Miller
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hello,

thanks for the replies.

btw, is this the same software that you offer free for personal use? as that would be amazing.

there are some default dvd software packages on the computer, but i have not launched any of them as of yet. it is an HP pro packaged with something like studio 11.

i had pinnacle drivers for a dazzle dvc100 installed but they are completely removed.

i will try the software, sounds promising.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by vegassteven
    btw, is this the same software that you offer free for personal use? as that would be amazing.
    Yes, it is.

There are a small number of differences that will most likely not be relevant to your use. The main one is that it runs on just one core of a multicore CPU. Since you will be running a conversion/streaming app at the same time, it doesn't really matter because Windows will probably put them on separate cores.
    Quote Quote