VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    On the 27th of November this year I bought an FFmpegx Registration Key via PayPal. I haven't received it yet. And I did send an e-mail to info@mgc-group.fr about this, of course. No answer. No Key. What should I do now? Just accept that I have been ripped off? Or what?

Give me your opinion and your advice, please!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If the seller wont reply and you have payed with paypal your best bet is to go through paypal to try to get your money back.

Go through the paypal resolution centre.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/ua/policy_buyer_complaint-outside

Section 13.5 covers your situation.

Edit: Section 13.7c looks like it rules you ineligable for reinbursement. If thats the case then your pretty much stuffed! sorry.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    if they wont do anything, call the police. theft is theft.
    Jagabo, please do not reply to this post. Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for your answers! I will look into it further.
    'All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.' - Edmund Burke
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Alix
    And I did send an e-mail to info (at) mgc-group.fr about this, of course.
    I'm not sure what MGC Group's role is in this, beyond collecting fees. You might also try to contact the developer directly. The e-mail address of the developer himself is listed on the website.

About not receiving the key: please check if your spamfilter (local or at your ISP) blocked it. Also carefully read the e-mail from PayPal for keys or details of how or when the key is coming.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you, Case, for your answer. I will send an email directly to the developer, I didn't think of that. I use Gmail, and I haven't seen any 'spam' except the regular pills and thrills stuff there, but thank you for bringing it up, I know a lot of email might end up there.
    'All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.' - Edmund Burke
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Alix
    Thank you, Case, for your answer. I will send an email directly to the developer, I didn't think of that. I use Gmail, and I haven't seen any 'spam' except the regular pills and thrills stuff there, but thank you for bringing it up, I know a lot of email might end up there.
    Today I received an answer fom the developer together with a Registration Key. He didn't seem surprised about my email inquiry.

Thank y'all for your help!
    Quote Quote