VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

THis is my first time using DVD rebuilder. My question is that I did a 4 pass using the cinema craft encoder, the end result was a 7 GB file, I wanted it to make a high quality backup so it could fit on a single layer DVD, how do I tell Rebuilder to do that?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    By default Rebuilder does target a DVD5 output size, so I can only suggest that one of two things has happened

1. DVD RB has got it horribly wrong. I have seen DVD RB occasionally create undersized output, and even sometimes files that are a little big for DVD5, but never have I seen it over run by 3 GB. Your options are to either uninstall DVD RB, delete the folder, and install again, or perhaps try encoding with HCEnc instead to see if this works better.

2. You have looked at the source folder, not the target folder. Something many of us have done at least once. 7GB sounds about right for a DVD DL. Check where DVD RB is writing it's output files, and make sure that is what you were looking at.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Ditto the above. Also make certain Mode -> No Compression is *NOT* checked. BTW, 4-pass is overkill.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use DVD Rebuilder and newer experienced this problem, just make sure to check all the setting if they are correct.
    Quote Quote