VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, I've read, and read, and read, and am still unsuccessful. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it!

Here is my issue...
    I have a 720p mkv file that is 7.96gb. When I use TsMuxer to create a blu-ray disk, it enlarges to 8.04gb which is too large for a dual layer dvd-r.

So I tried demuxing the audio (ac3) and video h.264. I changed the bitrate of the ac3 file and then putting them back together using tsmuxer. The result was 7.66gb. So I burned the movie and after about 35 min of playing, all audio just stopped. I wasted 4 dvd-dl's. Can anyone help me how to resize the mkv without re-encoding? If I am able to reduce the bitrate of the ac3 I will be ok.

Thanks for all your help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What software did you use to reconvert the ac3? maybe try another software.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i used a program called AC3gain. It's a batch file that runs a script and converts the bitrate for me. What software do you recommend?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I have not used this program, but some people in a different thread have recommended it:
    http://audioconverter.heartware.dk/Tutorial/
    Quote Quote  
  5. You can also try eac3to

Does playing back authored blu-ray .m2ts have problems on your PC?

Does playing the AC3 track separately have problems at the timepoint on the PC?

Your problem might not be the audio, it might be that your specific player has difficult playing blu-ray structure on DVD9's , it might be bad quality media, it might be your video is not compliant (.e.g wrong VBV, too high AVC level, too many b-frames/pyramids, etc.....) - you can check some charateristics with mediainfo
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I didnt check it on my pc...and I have not tried playing the ac3 track separately, But I will check both.

I tried playing the dual layer dvd on my ps3, and it was burned at 2x on verbatim dvd+r DL's.

What characteristics should I be getting using mediainfo? Thanks for all your help guys...I appreciate it
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok when i use mkextract and seperate the audio and video file, and change the bitrate of the ac3 file, I use mkmerge to put them back together in one mkv file, and the audio still stops partway through the movie....anyone have any other advice?

I tried playing the new mkv using VLC and it still has the audio errors...the original file has no errors
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I usually convert the ac3 track with eac3to, and make it 640kbps. I have tried to convert down to 448, but it always gives me an error saying that conversion is not possible. I am also trying to convert the truehd file, so not sure if that is the problem.

One thing i do not understand, is 99.9% of the mkv files that are out there, will not fit on a DV5 or a DVD9 when converted to BluRay structure. I wonder if the authors do that for a reason.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @ronorkis,

Try from 640 kbps>448kbps(or lower) with DaudioK.....Works for me 99.9% of the time.... 8)
    " Who needs Google, my wife knows everything"
    Quote Quote