VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi.
    I 'm not actually trying to create a dvd slideshow; I 'm just looking for an easy tool to play photos of a particular folder with transition effects (like cross-fade or zoom), without bugs, with the ability to pause, switch between full and normal screen and - maybe - save that project. Anybody has something to recommend?
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You might try ACDSee: http://www.acdsee.com/
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Irfanview [freeware] has "Apply alpha blending..." transition effect for it's slideshow function. Can also save to .exe or .scr [screensaver]. Maybe [but doubtful] there are plugins that supply more effects options?

Otherwise, FastStone Image Viewer [freeware] has several transitions.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thank you for so promptly answering.

Well, acdsee offers two ways of slideshow, but none of them is complete.
    The so called "advanced" or "auto" (depending on version) slideshow works only in full screen and if, at any time, you need to return to the desktop to see for instance the progress of a program running, you should simply exit. Too bad!
    The basic slideshow, though, is ok but it lacks transition effects.

FastStone viewer : In slideshow mode you cannot switch from full to normal screen but the good news is that slideshow can be restarted from where stopped.

I 'm testing irfanview now. Although slideshow can run either in full screen or window mode (with a predefined size), switching does not seem possible.

So, for the moment FastStone viewer seems good. Thank you very much guys.
    Quote Quote