Hi! I have a video file in MKV format:
Code:
track1 - video: 720p, avc h264
track2 - audio: 6channel, a52 ac3
track3 - subtitles: srt
I'm looking to convert (remux) this to a dual-audio, MP4 format file that can be played back on a Playstation 3. My objective is to make the guts of my new MP4 file contain everything that the MKV has but also another audio track:
Code:
track4 - audio: 2channel, aac
I know that converting MKV to Playstation/Xbox compatible mp4's has already been addressed - actually, I already found a useful guide and have all of my raw video, audio, and subtitle tracks ready to be muxed into an MP4 (I'm using MP4Box)!

The next step, however, is where I'm at a loss on how to proceed. In the guide(s) I used (found here and here), I've been instructed to use HEXEDIT to change some numbers in the h.264 video file so that the video can be compatible with the new 2-channel AAC audio.

If I need to make these changes to the video tracks file to make it compatible with the 2channel AAC audio track, then will this change also break the video tracks compatibility with the 6channel AC3 audio track? Do I need to do something else to make my video stream dual-audio compatible? Also, do I need to add the tracks (I'm using MP4Box) in a specific order for my ps3 to read the file correctly? Someone please help me out, I'm lost!