VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello All,

Have been reading the forums for a while, and this is my first post. I appreciate any guidance that is provided with the following question. Primarily, I will be capturing VHS video via S Cable from my JVC HR-S9911

I have a computer with the Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit OS, and have discovered that my options for Capture Card's are limited in terms of performing with my current setup. I do own a Canapos ADVC 110, but would like more control of the capture process which a card could give me.

I have seen some positive results with this OS and the PVR 250/350, and would just like to confirm if this would be a viable option, and again would appreciate any other suggestions.

Thanks to all
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    JMO, but you won't find much better than the ADVC-110 for transfers to your computer. You can try the freeware Enosoft DV Processor to do some modifications on the DV stream in real time. DV takes up a bit of space on your HDD, but it's much easier to edit than MPEG formats.

Or look to one of the Hauppauge cards that has Vista 64 support and hardware converts to MPEG format. http://www.hauppauge.com/index.htm

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote