VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I just purchased one of these from the local walmart. It played fine the first evening, but when I turned it on the second day, the display was missing the green gun. (Only red and blue were displaying)

I double checked to make sure it wasn't my plasma tv, and the wii played fine, so we know it was the player.

I unplugged the player, and plugged it back in again, and that restored the player to working fine again.

Have there been any documented firmware bugs, or is this just one of those oddball occurrences?

I'm wondering if I should return it, and get a replacement, JUST in case, or if I should keep this one.
    Gary Tabar Jr.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe a loose, or ill-fitting, component plug (the green one)?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'd consider that, but my old player never had that issue at all, and jiggling the plugs when the issue was occurring had no effect. BUT unplugging the until and plugging it back in did. I'll run it through it's paces the next few days, and see if the issue reoccurs.
    Gary Tabar Jr.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Gareee
    I just purchased one of these from the local walmart. It played fine the first evening, but when I turned it on the second day, the display was missing the green gun. (Only red and blue were displaying)

I double checked to make sure it wasn't my plasma tv, and the wii played fine, so we know it was the player.

I unplugged the player, and plugged it back in again, and that restored the player to working fine again.

Have there been any documented firmware bugs, or is this just one of those oddball occurrences?

I'm wondering if I should return it, and get a replacement, JUST in case, or if I should keep this one.
    It's happening me too few days ago....(I have 5990/12 - european version). When turn on I get a "red" screen.
    With SCART work OK. I check connection, nothing. Then I unplugged the player, wait few minutes and plugged it back in again, and work fine again. I hope never to see this again....
    Quote Quote  
  5. How long have you had your player, VB?

(BTW, I just flashed to your version 1 interface, and we LOVE it.. excellent job!)
    Gary Tabar Jr.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Gareee
    How long have you had your player, VB?

(BTW, I just flashed to your version 1 interface, and we LOVE it.. excellent job!)
    3 Month. I watch a lot of movies (hundred...) using HDMI connection. Maybe was an unhappy accident.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I JUST saw the exact same issue this morning.. it seems to be when the player has not been used overnight, and is cold.

Needless to say, I'm exchanging it this morning for a new one.
    Gary Tabar Jr.
    Quote Quote