VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have Nero and was trying to burn an mpeg file i had previously downloaded but for some reason when i drag the file from the right on the vcd create screen it says the following...

__________________________________________________ ___________
    the file 'C:\program files\morpheus\my shared folder\survivor series 99 wwf.mpeg' is invalid, need mpeg-1 which was encoded for video-cd:
    audio: 44.1khz; stereo; 224kbit/s
    video: 352x240/29.97hz or 352x240/23.976hz or 352x288/25hz

the following were found:
    - stream encoding which is invalid for a (super) video-cd
    - invalid video stream: 25 frames/second, 160x120 pixels
    - invalid audio stream: 44100 hz, 1 channels

you are creating a video cd v2.0 (cd-i-player) complaint cd, but the mpeg file is not suitable for such a disc.
    How would like to proceed?
    __________________________________________________ _________
    Well what is listed above is exactly what is says when i try to burn it...i have no idea why it does this as all i thought i had to do if i had an mpeg file was burn it and it would play on my dvd player but obviously im wrong. Im new to all this stuff so im hoping one of you smart people can help me? Im desperate to sort this out so please HELP!!!!
    All the best David
    Quote Quote  
  2. so did u burn it? Nero can re-encode it for u.....
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yea it had the option to rec-encode so i clicked on it to re-encode it and the file then appeared on the left but when i then clicked on file then write cd it brings up the little screen (where it usually burns something) but at the top of that same screen it says done so i figured there is something wrong as i haven't even put in a cd at this point.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!!

I give you any info you want if it would help you help me...
    All the best David
    Quote Quote  
  4. A VCD compliant MPG must be: 352x240/29.97hz or 352x240/23.976hz or 352x288/25hz

Your downloaded MPG is: 25 frames/second, 160x120 pixels with a single channel audio stream.

That's your problem.
    You need to re-encode to VCD specs.
    But don't use Nero to re-encode, it can't do it right. Use TMPGenc
    "I think I know exactly what I mean, when I say it's a Shpadoinkle day!"
    Quote Quote  
  5. Ok i just downloaded TMPGEnc like you recommended but considering ive never used this program before im not sure on how to re-encode to VCD specs. How do i do this? PLEASE HELP!!!!
    All the best David
    Quote Quote  
  6. if you click on the load button in tmpgenc you'll get choices of templates use the vcd ntsf if in north america or the vcd pal in most of the rest of the world...
    Quote Quote  
  7. Well the good news it that i used TMPGEnc successfully and encoded the file correctly so i could burn it through Nero. When i tried to burn it through Nero it now never gave me any problems so i have no messages coming up like i did before. The BAD news is that when i tried to play it in my dvd player...it was all crazy such as that the picture and sound was all messed up. I then tried a few other of files by burning them on a cd and then trying them in my dvd player and they all did exactly the same.....

PLEASE HELP CAUSE IM NOW SO CLOSE TO GETTING IT ALL TO WORK!!!!!!

PLEASE HELP PRETTY PLEASE?
    All the best David
    Quote Quote  

8. You're DVD player will play VCDs won't it?
    Are you sure it will take CDR/CDRWs ??

Sounds like obvious questions but I think they need asking at this point!

Check out the TMPGenc encoding guides on this site so you can learn a little more about how VCDs are correctly created.

All the best,

Sue xxx
    Quote Quote  
  9. Yep it can play VCDS, CDR and CDRWs....infact my dvd player is supposed to be one of the only dvd players around that plays like every format, region etc. I only got this dvd player a few days ago so i hope it is good like um you don't there is perhaps something wrong with it do you? I personally highly doubt it but im really stuck on what to do to be able to sort out this problem....

Well if anyone can help then please do!!!

PRETTY PLEASE!
    All the best David
    Quote Quote  
  10. What kind of DVD player do you have ?
    I have a Denver DVD-311, it should play anything on the marked..
    but i had some problems in the beginning. This was due to the fact that the eprom (chip) wasn't upgraded to the latest version. So I went back to the store and replaced the whole player.

I also have noticed that the player plays well, on all kinds of CDRs
    (verbatim, SmartBuy, Traxdata), but it doens't handle CDRW (memorex, traxdata) any good when it comes to movies . - although using cdrw to display pictures works great!
    Quote Quote  

11. Me again .....

..... it was all crazy such as that the picture and sound was all messed up .....

From that description I'd say it sounds like the DVD player is using the wrong MPEG decoder to display the movie.
    This can happen with some players when you burn an MPEG1 file as a SVCD (which should be MPEG2) ........ or visa-versa!

Make sure you burn what you encode!!
    ie. MPEG1 => VCD
    MPEG2 => SVCD

Sue xxx
    Quote Quote  
  12. SoccerDude,

if i may draw your attention to the left side of your screen you will find some other pages on this site.

http://www.vcdhelp.com/vcd.htm
    will explain what a VCD compliant mpg is.

then if you look at,
    http://www.vcdhelp.com/convert.htm
    you can find guides on how to convert just about any type of media file into a VCD compliant mpg.

now that you have your mpg, before you burn it look here,
    http://www.vcdhelp.com/dvdplayers.php
    and find out if your DVD player supports all media types, be sure to look at the comments as sometimes written media support is spotty and brand reccomendations are made.

once you establish exactly what kind of blank CD's to use look here,
    http://www.vcdhelp.com/burnmpg.htm
    and follow one of the guides that explains burning a VCD.

i believe that covers all of your questions. if your problem persists and you have followed the guides then it is possible you need to update your firmware or use a different brand of media. it would be to your benefit if you include things like your DVD payer brand and model number if you have a problem with it, and please be sure to include the model number exactly as it appears on your player.
    peace out,
    dumwaldo

AWW MA! you know i'm not like other guys. i get nervous and my socks are to loose.
    Quote Quote  
  13. OK. it's time to start parsing your problem. First of all make sure that your DVD player will play VCDs. To do this download one of the example VCDs from the VDC page here on this site. (first item on the left hand side of the home page). Burn that to one of your disks and play it. Does it work? If no, stop here. you need to get a player that will play VCDs if you want to do that sort t of thing.

If yes, then read up on what a VCD is and how to produce one. Lots of help here on these pages about that. As small as the clip your trying to encode to vcd is, it will probably look like crap when your done with this process anyways. However maybe thats not a factor for what your are trying to achieve. Good luck!
    Quote Quote  
  14. Thankyou so much it is all working now!!!

It seems that for some reason it wasn't encoding it properly when i was using TMPGenc...i think it is because i didn't maually load the template but im not sure what exactly was the previous problem. All that matters thou that it is working now.

Again thankyou to all of you responded to my cry for help
    All the best David
    Quote Quote