VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have the aforementioned model of DVD player but have lost the remote, and I'd like to know what models of Apex remote controls are fully compatible with that DVD player. For example: will all the functions of an AD-1010W remote work with my AD-1100W player?

I've been shopping on eBay for a replacement remote but money is tight and I don't want to throw it away on a remote that won't work.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    It's a good question, but I don't know if any of us know the answer. Apex has been out of business for a long time and all of their players are old. It's been years since I used an Apex player, but I remember there was an Apex forum somewhere, I just don't remember where anymore because it's been too long. If you search maybe you can find it and ask there.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The Apex AD1100W is a true workhorse. First DVD Player we bought (November 1999) and still works like new.

Maybe this link will help.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/ele/919351101.html
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SmokieStover
    The Apex AD1100W is a true workhorse. First DVD Player we bought (November 1999) and still works like new.
    If that's true, that's nigh onto being miraculous. Apex wasn't known for the high quality of its components (their multi-disc player units were particularly problematic) so if you got 2 or 3 years out of them, that was pretty good. I had to box up both of my old Apex players because while they still technically worked, they had more and more glitches over time and after 2 or 3 years with both I had pretty much gotten to the point where it just wasn't worth it to use them regularly any more. To have had a DVD player from 1999 still "work like new" as you claim is extraordinary and I doubt that most AD1100W players sold in 1999 are still usable.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The 1100W used a unique infrared code and I don't believe any other apex remote used. I would look on ebay for someone selling the 1100W remote. I bought one there two years ago.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I might still have mine. I'll check when I get home. My player died long ago.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote