VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Hi manono,

Originally Posted by manono
    It's out-of-synch by the same amount all the way through?
    Yes, it appears to be, also the same for both clips.

Originally Posted by manono
    And the demuxed audio you got from DGIndex didn't have the delay listed in the file name? Or when checking the A/V Delay in PGCDemux it didn't tell you anything?
    When I demuxed the audio in DGIndex, the given delay was 0 ms for both clips. PGCDemux just confirmed that.

Before you answered I looked into deinterlacing.

In my opinion FieldDeinterlace was true to the source, but details like letters on the screen were jagged.
    LeakKernelDeint seemed like it introduced things that weren't there originally and the letters were also jagged.
    For some reason TDeint introduced artifiacts that were not there before, I discarded it.
    Yadif appeared to be the best combination of true to the source, but the letters were very smooth.

I will try to identify the audio delay tomorrow and really appreciate you posting the solution.

FWIW I looked at all interlacing plugins both in Virtualdub, frame-by-frame and also on the TV.

On the TV, it was hard to tell the difference, but frame-by-frame in Virtualdub the differences were more obvious.

Thanks again!
    Chipsndukes
    Quote Quote  

2. I wonder if the first GOP timestamp (10 frames) as shown in ReStream has something to do with it?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I don't know. Is the audio off by 10 seconds (10,000 ms)?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by manono
    I don't know. Is the audio off by 10 seconds (10,000 ms)?
    10 frames could be right.
    I'll redo everything until I find the issue.

Thanks again for jumping in!
    Chipsndukes
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi manono,

I used Media Player Classic and found the delay of the audio, 400 ms (10 frames).

In ReStream you can "reset timestamps" so I did that, the First GOP-timestamp afterwards was 0-0-0-0, not 0-0-0-10, so far so good.

I remuxed the video with reset timestamps with the original audio, but the delay was still there, 400 ms (10 f).

Finally I delayed the audio with DelayCut (-400ms), like you suggested, remuxed and everything was OK again: video interlaced/BFF and audio back in sync.

I checked the original demuxed video and audio from DGIndex, muxing them back together with Muxman, but the audio was now delayed.

I don't know why this would be, but with the general problems with this video file it's probably no surprise. I doubt DGIndex made a mistake...

OK, so I just burned a new DVD, and it looks like everything works as it should have from the beginning.

Thanks for your help, just don't be surprised if I come back with another problem.

Chipsndukes
    Quote Quote