VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Since we are on this subject ... about blue screens of death ..........

See the thread posted >> https://forum.videohelp.com/topic360260.html

......... where is a good website to go for reviewing the code that appears for figuring out what is wrong.

I've got a laptop ... a Dell Inspiron B130 ... and just when it displays the Windows XP loading up ... goes into blue screen with the message info.

I haven't messed with this Laptop ... got it used on Ebay during this past summer and I figured I should check it out.

It wasn't doing the blue screen when I first received it and stuck up on a shelf for safe keeping. I took it down yesterday and it now it is doing the Blue Screen of Death.

I went into safe mode and it does it there too. I decided okay ... I will re-install Windows XP on it.

I got to the part where it loaded the files and then wanted me to hit enter ... I did and it did the blue screen again.

I didn't expect to see the Blue Screen when going to Boot to Disk mode and reinstalling Win XP Home.

It says >> Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

info at bottom says >>>

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x00000050 (0xC2DC0000, 0x00000000, 0x805361E3, 0x00000000)

I've got one extra stick of ram I can try from a different source and I have extra laptop drives that are most likely compatible.

There is an extra Inspiron B130 here but it belongs to a friend and he got it for $10 bucks at a Flea Market sale in Fresno CA. Since it uses DDR2 memory ... I was not able to test it during that time.

But since then ... a few months ago ... I decided the Inspiron B130 was not to bad ... so I got one on Ebay.

I figured that since the new laptops have DDR2 ram I should have one around that uses DDR2 ram so I can use my laptop to see if the person with a messed laptop has good ram or bad ram ... well crap ... my laptop is screwing up.

I also bought a few months ago ... a Inspiron 1520 ... and reinstalled Win XP on it ... I like it ... it stays in my bedroom ... it works fine and does use DDR2 ram ... has a Intel Dual processor in it. I haven't loaded it with all the bells and whistles I usually load up in my laptops ..... yet
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I just got

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x00000050

today
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The other posted thread mentioned going to ...

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Windows-XP-Blue-Screen-Death-STOP-Codes-t43519.html

My BSOD code was mentioned there ... bad video ram or system ram ... well I hope it is system ram ... video ram could be a problem ... but dont the system for laptops use system ram for video ram.

I hope the extra stick of ram I do have will help me figure out the problem.
    Quote Quote